T&L support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

John13

Scrotum Pole
Apr 13, 2001
0z
Visit site
I have noticed that a lot more sites are starting to show UT bench.dem as part of there testing. What interested me was that all of the sites showed the scores including T&L support.

I didn't know that UT supported this at all, is it something just included in this demo or is it something that can be turned on or off in the preference menus. (will check for myself later).

Is it hardware or software support????
will it make any difference at all to my fps or eyecandy??

anyone able to enlighten me at all
;)

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
UT is a pretty good CPU benchmark at low res but it isnt very good for graphics cards. I would be interested in seeing what they have to say about T&L though because as far as I know Quake3 is the only game of that time which has any Hardware T&L support.

John13

Scrotum Pole
Apr 13, 2001
0z
Visit site

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Regardless of what these sites might seem to say I am 99.9% positive that UT does not use Hardware T&L . It may be that what they mean is DX7's software T&L support which uses the CPU.

Gothik

Day Tripper
Jun 8, 2000
UK
Visit site
far as I know Quake3 is the only game of that time which has any Hardware T&L support.

And interestingly Quake III doesn't use the Lighting part of it just the Transform as John Carmack thought his lighting routine was better than what the GeForce cards at the time could achieve.

[Edit because I mis-read what I quoted]