I want the taunts back!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[UJE]Crakdeala

doGlike
Sep 14, 2000
Alcatraz
oblivion.jamempire.com
When I was playing some idiot who had taunts bound to his movement keys, I disabled the voice messages because it really got to me. I dont remember what I did, but I do know that the menu I ended up in, did not look like the preferences/audio menu. When I go to that menu now to re-enable the taunts it says "play voice messages: all"... seems ok, except that I still dont hear them! I've tried alot, including changing then reconnecting, changing then restarting UT and browsing through unrealtournament.ini for possible false's to change to true's.. no luck. I would appreciate any input, thank you in advance.

Crakie :smokin

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
You got me with this one. Play all should do it.

Are you hearing all the other sounds, music, etc? Your volumes are turned up and stuff?

Try No Auto Taunts and see if switching it over helps. :hmm:

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Check your user.ini
Under the section [Botpack.TournamentPlayer]
You have the lines:

bAutoTaunt=False
bNoAutoTaunts=True
bNoVoiceTaunts=False

Try to change them to whatever you want.

[UJE]Crakdeala

doGlike
Sep 14, 2000
Alcatraz
oblivion.jamempire.com
This is the relevant part in my user.ini:

[Botpack.TournamentPlayer]
bInstantRocket=False
bAutoTaunt=True
bNoAutoTaunts=False
bNoVoiceTaunts=False
bNoMatureLanguage=False
bNoVoiceMessages=False
AnnouncerVolume=4

This is the way I want it, but I'll change some of them back and forth to see if it has any effect. I never have music enabled, but all the other in-game soundeffects are present. Indeed very strange! And what is this mysterious menu I used to disable the taunts in the first place?!

Crakie

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Originally posted by [UJE]Crakdeala
And what is this mysterious menu I used to disable the taunts in the first place?!

Did you use any 3:rd party program?
Or do you have some mod or mutator that give you this extra menu?

[UJE]Crakdeala

doGlike
Sep 14, 2000
Alcatraz
oblivion.jamempire.com
Ok, I fixed it... no thanks to you guys ;) j/k of course

I deleted unrealtournament.ini and user.ini, so UT makes new ones.... and guess what: the taunts were back. But then I didnt feel like entering all my keybinds again, so I copied/pasted what I thought to be the relevant part of a backup user.ini into my 'fresh' one... and guess what: taunts were gone again! LOL!

But at least it narrowed my search down to the copied part, where I found "bNoVoices" set to True... changing it to False turned out to be the solution. Apparently "bNoVoices" overrides "bNoVoiceMessages". To me, its an indication this mysterious menu I was talking about actually does exist. I remember having to uncheck something (presumably corresponding to bNoVoices in user.ini) to disable the taunts... which corresponds to a true-or-false operator (like bNoVoices)???

Thanks anyway for thinking with me on this one :)

Crakie