Help with 3 UT Settings.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mike89

Aug 22, 1999
www.cnetech.com
I have been checking out all the UT options and have seen three settings that I either don't know quite what they mean or what to set them at.

I have a PIII 550, Leadtek DDR GeForce.

Type preferences in the console to see these settings.

Under Display
"Slow video buffering' Default is set at "True"

Under Rendering - Direct 3D
"Use AGPTextures". Default is set to "False"
"Use VideoMemory". Default is set to "False"

I figured the last two should be "True" but when I changed them and when I went into the game, it played noticable slower with mouse lag.

Didn't try to put them to "True" individually.

Also the "Slow Video buffering" confuses me. I see the word "Slow" and think it should be "False" but am not sure what it really does.

Sure would appreciate any input here from all you UT freaks that must have seen these settings. Or even direct me somewhere that gives an explanation for each UT setting.

The Toastman

Apr 19, 2000
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
Okay, lets see if I can remember what all of those do.

SlowVideoBuffering: for use with software renderer only. What you put here will have no effect in d3d/opengl/glide. Recommended set to True for software mode.

Use AGPTextures: Set to FALSE! This tells UT to store textures in main memory instead of video memory. Obviously, accessing video memory is faster, so you do not want this. The reason it is here is probably for cards with less than 16 megs of memory that may not have enough texture memory.

Use VideoMemoryVB: Not a clue ;) . I have benchmarked with this set to true and false and can't tell a difference. Anyone have any ideas?