GFP for UTXMP in development

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GDC]Faust

Goblin Hunter
Apr 29, 2004
www.gamersdungeon.de
Hi again, some ppl may still know me, I've kinda left some stupid childrish argument the last time I posted on this forum and just wanted to say sorry about that, I think I matured in the meantime and I won't offend anyone here anymore.

Here's the reason for me to come back and post something:

We are currently working on another GFP (German Forum Pack) where maps from the old GFP will be ported and some new maps will be added to the pack.

Currently, the pack consists of 7 Maps, there are definately more to come but those are the ones which will be 100% in and we have names for :)

The Maps:
XMP-GFP-FCBReloaded
XMP-GFP-Helltube
XMP-GFP-Pool
XMP-GFP-Bantinh
XMP-GFP-Monastery
XMP-GFP-GEOMassif
XMP-GFP-Jungle

Some Mutators:
XMPSmartMines
XMPEyeCandy

As I said, there will be more maps in the future, as we are currently gathering some content.

The planning is as follows:
14.5: official announcement of the GFP for UTXMP
14.7: End of the development-phase, start of the Beta-test-phase
1.9: Exactly 1 year after the release of the first GFP, the release of the 2nd GFP :D

Official GFP-page: http://www.utxmp.de/portal/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=122&Itemid=117 (will be updated with screenshots + more information, as they come, oh and some english, as somebody translates it :))

Last edited:

communist

Mar 19, 2002
Vandenberg Airbase
Visit site
Nice to have you back.. quite rare that people excuse their bad behaviour on the internet :tup:

As for the GFP - the only map that I positvely remember is Pool :)
Maybe the others will be playable this time too?! ;)

[GDC]Faust

Goblin Hunter
Apr 29, 2004
www.gamersdungeon.de
Pool will be a 100% original ;) It's already ported by me, so there's nothing to fear about: Screenshot too big for layout :(
GEOMassif, too, BTW, they still need some tweaks, tho.

As for the other maps: We try to learn out of our mistakes in that way that we decided a longer testing-phase and to rework the maps that had serious gameplay issues like Bantinh or Jungle.

Last edited:

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
Is this the same Helltube that we play all the time on the BBF UTXMP server now? If so, that means it has already been ported? If not, it means we have two maps with the same name?

[GDC]Faust

Goblin Hunter
Apr 29, 2004
www.gamersdungeon.de
EyeCandy is a mutator that samples a lot of optical mutators in one. There are several effects which are not gameplay related bundled together:

Motionblur: Well, it's this cameraeffect we know from RO, Anomaly and the KillingFloor-demo. Nothing special about it, can be adjusted as somebody wishes.

Bloom: This is an emulatet gaussian-blur effect. Takes some time to adjust it for somebodys needs and is extremely FPS-consuming :D. But if you have an insane CPU this is a funny thing to play with.
The original code was taken from http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Bloom

LensFlares: Well, Lensflares :D original code taken from here: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Lens_Flare code altered for different sizes of different lightsources.

Real-Time-shadows: The 2nd FPS-consuming thing about this mutator, the shadows from Fragops, Y'know, where your shadow can be projected against walls around a lightsource etc. Code taken from here: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/SquirrelZero/RealtimeShadows

Shaking HUD: The HUD moves with the player, like he's wearing a poor sitting helmet. Wanted to add something interactive to the HUD :)

Detail Hack: Hacking the detail-textures of the actors in the Level for various effects.

Credit is given to all original authors :D

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
[GDC]Faust said:
Pool will be a 100% original ;) It's already ported by me, so there's nothing to fear about: Screenshot too big for layout :(
GEOMassif, too, BTW, they still need some tweaks, tho.

As for the other maps: We try to learn out of our mistakes in that way that we decided a longer testing-phase and to rework the maps that had serious gameplay issues like Bantinh or Jungle.

i really hope you fixed the bugs with getting stuck in the geometry that plagued the u2xmp version... i really hate gettin stuck and beein unable to move :lol:

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
Great news Faust! I'm especially excited about the return of Pool and Geomassif; those are outstanding maps. Those eye candy effects you mentioned sound quite promising; should add a nice touch to the game. :p Keep it up.