Hint to crash the editor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
- Convert Static Meshes into brushes and turn them into blocking volumes.
- Attempt to load UT99 music in Ued 3

The music browser in UEd 3 hasn't been touched since UEd 2, it's still 'asking' for .umx files. In fact, it's just broken and crash when attempting to open any audio file like Smiles already said. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
Kantham said:
I guess it already happened to me once. I can't tell for ued2.0 or 3.0, but it don't happened lately.
its happened to me before... but it is difficult to reproduce.

I found a new one, loose power in the middle of saving you map. that then makes the map un-openable. good thing for autosave :rolleyes:

Daramus

Jul 1, 2005
100 % working method :

Download BR-FindTheGheyBall map from Nalicity.
Open it in Ued and click the "real-time-prewiev" button... :lol:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah , BR-FindTheGheyBall is a pure lame on my pc, it crash and looks fugly. :(

TheBladeRoden

Particle Whore
Oct 11, 2002
unreality
Visit site
Shift select all the texture packages and open them at once.
Try using particle editor on all the emitters in a given level, and make sure to click the mysterious ghost tab.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
-Play with the particle editor
-Select another emitter with the particle editor opened.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
_shank said:
-Change light color of multiple lights

Apparently you are not the only one to get this. I don't have any problem with it personaly. What engine are you using?

RichyB

Faceless
Jun 17, 2005
United Kingdom
Not sure if its been said. The red bush connect one of the points togethe. It all ways crashes my editor.

Last edited:

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
Kinda anoying to execute, but make 2 skyboxes, skybox 1 has everything set to the fakebackdrop of skybox 2, and skybox 2 has everything set to the fakebakcdrop of skybox 1.

I did that once with ued 2.0.

also: place about 5 to 10.000 exploding barrels in a random shape, fire a redeemer at em.

also fun: open a map-file in an texteditor (if the map is to large of a filesize you can crash texteditor lol) cope a part, and duplicate it somewhere else in the file.
maybe if you are lucky it could work rotf.

replace random system files of ut2k4 with those of ut2k3.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Cursed_Soul said:
Kinda anoying to execute, but make 2 skyboxes, skybox 1 has everything set to the fakebackdrop of skybox 2, and skybox 2 has everything set to the fakebakcdrop of skybox 1.
Never quite worked out how you could even have 2 skyboxes.....

UnrealWiki said:
Don't try to run UEd 2 and UEd 3 at the same time, most likely all hell breaks loose. (Or one of them just crashes. ;))
Works fine on My Comp. Ive had UED3 open twice and UED2 open. Was only when I opened Photoshop things started to get messy.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
: Open a map that have long ambiant sounds.
: Put real time preview to 'on'.
: Open another map.
: enjoy the crash.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
-Keep opening and closing it until the viewports turn white :p (Yea, I went there... what'cha gonna do about it :p)
-Create a Melscript to loop tesselating your model then export to an ASE file... come back in a week and open it in UnrealEd.
-Make a UnrealScript to spawn dynamic lights every 3 seconds -- build, click play level, then go to bed.
-Run UnrealEd in dosprompt.

c-4

Kung Fu Mapper
Nov 13, 2005
Westcoast of Sweden
Make a map, in my case a map with heavy amount of BSP that is cruved as well. Do a full rebuild and maybe if you get "lucky" you'll get an instant crash , with no errorlog what so ever, to Windows. Add some BSP, full rebuild, and watch it NOT crash. Add som more BSP, full rebuild, and watch the nice instant crash again. Add some more BSP, guess what?... watch it NOT crash.

YAY! it's like bloody lottery. Only you win more... But I do get more frustrated at it than loosing on a lottery ticket...