UT3 Blackberry Map Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Thanks for downloading my last map pack. The Blackberry map pack contains 4 maps and 6 variants. I hope you enjoy them.

This map pack contains the maps:
--- DM-Detained
--- CTF-Detained
--- DM-Iron Works
--- DM-Revelations
--- VCTF-Revelations
--- DM-Gridlock

To install the map pack just move all the files to the directory:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Your User\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\"
Hopefully you won't have any problems with that.

THESE MAPS ARE UNCOOKED YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES AS YOU LIKE

Some quick descriptions of the maps.

--- Detained ---
Detained is a snowed in military complex high up in the mountains. The map is very roughly based on rat race. Overall I enjoy the gameplay. The DM version of the map is basically a large ring with 2 teleporters that take you to oposite sides of the map. The CTF version is a mirrored version of the DM map with modified spawns and teleports. The gameplay remains the same but is a little more open. There was a unfortuneate corruption with the packages so the map remains slightly unfinished. Sorry.

--- Iron Works ---
Iron works is based on the map Lockout from Halo 2. It has a lot of fun multi level combat and a pretty good balance of weapons and powerups. Once again this map never reached the level of polish that I really wanted but it's still a fun layout.

--- Revelations ---

Revelations was originally modeled by Sel and Mass. The map was released for HCE and Sel annoyed me into making a unreal version. :3 It's a fun little VCTF map but the bots are god awful so I suggested disabling them if you can. The TDM version plays the same but the bots are a little less retarded. In TDM you will spawn at your at your corresponding base.

--- Gridlock ---
Writing a description for this map would take another 15 minutes so just check out the video of how it works at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hxxZofwZ1c .

Images

[SCREENSHOT]http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/BBMP1.png[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/BBMP3.png[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/BBMP4.png[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/BBMP2.png[/SCREENSHOT]

Download

http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Public Files/BBMP Final v1.7.rar

Credits

I'd like to thank the people who helped out with the mod:

Matt and Brian - LAN testing and feedback.
flibit and sDavis - Testing after detained got partially corrupted and general gameplay testing.
flibit - Ambient sounds and complaints.
Sel and Massacre - Revelations models and textures.
Wormbo - The script for team spawns on DM-Revelations.
Epic - Stock assets.
Modacity - Haha, that was a joke.
Beyond Unreal - For all the help with the editing kit.

Last edited:

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
It used to contain the custom snow asset after MP_RatTrap got corrupted. It's useless now. This thing was a mess and I tried to clean it up but there are still bits and pieces that are left over.

I'd kind of like some feedback on the maps though.

:rolleyes:

nfleming

Jul 6, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
I liked the maps visually and playwise on a quick bot run thru.

However Detained with the loud "Rocket Launcher", if that is what is being said, is VERY annoying. Maybe I missed the purpose, but, that should go unless there really is some special meaning that I totally missed.

Short of that, thought they were very good, people should give these a play.:)

Achernar

Sep 8, 2010
Great work there inferyes. I really got a kick out of Gridlock thats some very innovative design and heaps of fun. Iron Works has lots fun Z-axis and the atmosphere is very nice. Detained was good but could have been improved with more z-axis. I ended up making the mistake of playing Revelations in DM mode I feel its more suited to vCTF or even WAR modes. Thanks for some great maps :)

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
However Detained with the loud "Rocket Launcher", if that is what is being said, is VERY annoying. Maybe I missed the purpose, but, that should go unless there really is some special meaning that I totally missed.

Ahhhh, I meant to take that out in the final build. Totally forgot. The sound is from metal slug. It's a joke.

I ended up making the mistake of playing Revelations in DM mode I feel its more suited to vCTF or even WAR modes. Thanks for some great maps :)

It's fun in VCTF and TDM but it's no good for DM.

Gridlock has me laughing my butt off! LOVE the fresh idea!

Could the Gridlock concept be used in a map that looks more "standard" but where you could use the effect coming from above to figure out where an opponent was?

Like say add in a flame emitter to the traveling death effect? So players underneath could surmise, "Hey we got a guy up top, let's go flank him.. oh crap he got you.. wish me luck!"

Just curious really. Might spark up the fuel I've needed to finally poke around more in UE3 myself.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Gridlock has me laughing my butt off! LOVE the fresh idea!

Could the Gridlock concept be used in a map that looks more "standard" but where you could use the effect coming from above to figure out where an opponent was?

Like say add in a flame emitter to the traveling death effect? So players underneath could surmise, "Hey we got a guy up top, let's go flank him.. oh crap he got you.. wish me luck!"

Just curious really. Might spark up the fuel I've needed to finally poke around more in UE3 myself.

The maps are uncooked so you can make whatever changes you like. The map runs off a simple kismet script that has been replicated over many times.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I haven't tried these maps but I have two beefs right off the bat. One has already been mentioned and that's the annoying "rocket launcher" that doesn't even say it when you grab the RL all the time, but you explained it so I guess no big deal.

The second one is the map names seemed to be all screwed up. Here's what I have:

1. CTF-RatTrap/DM-RatTrap - both maps come up as "Detained" within the in-game map list, but they unrar as RatTrap.

2. DM-FreezerBurn - map comes up in map list as "Iron Works", but unrars as FreezerBurn.

3. DM-Revelations/VCTF-Revelations - no problem with these.

4. DM-SquareCourt - map comes up as "Gridlock", but unrars as SquareCourt.

You also have them named in this thread as the names they don't unrar as. I know you said this is the final version, but to have this map name confusion in the map pack is ridiculous.:confused:

EDIT: Any idea if this will be fixed in the near future? Also, what exactly is meant by 6 variants?

Last edited:

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Correcting the names? Do they really matter that much?

My UT3 install is pretty ****ed up as it is. A lot of maps (including most of my own) crash for no reason. I've reinstalled multiple times but it didn't fix it.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Oddly, even after reinstalling windows most of my maps still crash when I load them along with alot of the HOLP maps that I like. :(

You could cook them yourself if you really wanted to.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
DM-Revelations

awesome skybox with destroyed moon and clouds with orange nebula-like light; cool waterfall into a void but can’t get to the other side of the map to see the other side of the waterfall. You better watch out for pit of despair.;) Go ahead and load up this map for DM or TDM with TDM being more fun obviously. The bots aren’t too bright and they’re not any brighter in the VCTF version of this map with being able to defend and that’s about it.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
rest of the maps

CTF-DM-RatTrap - comes up as “Detained” within the in-game map list, although I fixed this for my game; like the snow, steam, vehicles, ramparts and slightly moving skybox; bots are tough and it’s almost impossible to CTF (probably better as DM or TDM).

DM-FreezerBurn - comes up as “Iron Works” within in-game map list, although I fixed this for my game; like the buildings, plenty of z-axis, shadows, jumppads, cool steam lift thing, crazy jumps, ramps and good bots, what else do you want? Well, I thought the weapon selection could have been better or maybe it’s just placement (I seemed to always end up with the biorifle).

DM-SquareCourt - comes up as “Gridlock” within the in-game map list, although I fixed this for my game; crazy square court or grids of squares above and below that turns into a fragfest.

The link in the first post still works!