Revisit U2XMP?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oC|GuPpY

oC Ranger
Apr 30, 2004
Considering the amount of people who quit playing u2xmp when utxmp was announced it's more like keeping a bunch of people off u2xmp for 6+months than anything else.

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
Well whatever you flavor is you can play either on our UT:XMP(
67.18.134.75:7777) server or our U2:XMP(67.19.188.10:1005). I will be on both, but I am sure the rest of my clan will be on U2:XMP.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
o know one factor for the demise of UTXMP and u2xmp
world of warcraft :p
anyway i hop on to u2xmp for a few games and the only populated servers are the DM RGB servers which isn't helping as i want to play X.M.P not DM i got ut2k4 for that
and ut:xmp well lack of players at peak time 7pm est number of players = 0 is kinda annoying
everyone says they wait for the patch the patch comes and still no one plays :/
u2xmp is probebly about the same as it was before utxmp player wise

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
You are correct on that one Phalanx. I stayed online idling in our UT:XMP server for 8hrs and only one person showed up to say hi then left. It is depressing, but I will kep up hope. I think I will have to play on the euro servers like I use to.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
We're getting some (relatively) insane player counts on occasion in U2XMP, I mean up to 2 servers full at once. The players are there. When the "golden patch" that brings UTXMP into the same class as U2XMP is released, those players will flock to UTXMP. There's your support community.

Anyway, I guess I'll revisit UTXMP just to see if anyone's still playin' seriously. I need UTXMP to go gold, or else all my almost-finished UTXMP maps will have been wasted. :(

ViSion

Dec 28, 2004
I usually find some peeps playing utxmp around11pm est and early morning say 6 or so. I was playing with a noob yesterday for a while he enjoyed it though he did ask if there were people playing. Considering the hardware I am workin with I doubt if there were many people having more issues than I. They said it was a beta I beleived them and sure enough it came with bugs and all. I don't know how many of us constantly use Windows products? But you would think some of us would be used to it by now. UTXMP bugs and all is still a very playable game. Granted I am not thrilled about seeing my score go to zero because I am forced to rejoin a game or getting stuck. Now come on you have to admitt it's kinda funny when your driving a raptor and you keep killing your side kick well a least you take the blame. so see the game is not dumb at all it even has a sense of humor. Gotcha! lol. What I would like to hear or discuss is how we are going to recruit more people to the game. The premise of the game is awesome I just hope the rest of the gaming community figures out what we have. Any way thanks FMI. With or without anyone I am still going to play thanks for the bots. Creig anytime you want to play i'll be there.

Last edited:

pantherrr0

Jan 30, 2004
u2 severs have less lag and a lower ping when i play on them when ut doservers ill proberly swap over , living in NZ doesnt help at all of course, a good ping being anything less than about 670 (thats when {bad connection} starts to kick in) another thing is for some reason i feel that utxmp is to... light i prefer the sort of duller graphics of ut (as in THE ut) over the lighter flashyer 2k3, 2k4 too ones perhapes ill try changing the settings