The Desktop Pic Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dapngwnman

is a gamer
Mar 19, 2001
NYC
TossMonkey said:
Penguins on a mac? How perverse!
thats definetly windows XP...with a crappy mac os x theme..found a better one...and plus my name should be perfect reasons for penguins on desktops real and computer :)

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
iBook revisited. (I'd post my *nix desktop, but Xandros kind of lacks "teh fancy")

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 45

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
update (resized from 1600 x 1200)

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 78

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Part of the amusement of this is looking at people's desktop icons and seeing what programs they have, and looking at people's system trays and seeing how full it is. So far, I don't think anyone here has beaten how full my system tray is:
systray.jpg

Left to right: AIM, Motherboard Monitor, HotSync Manager, Wireless Signal Strength, Network Status, PowerMenu, ATI Display, Norton Anti-Virus, Seti @ Home, Realtek Audio, Immersion Desktop (for iFeel mouse), VNC, inCD (CD packet writing)

By the way PhrozeN, what resolution is your Windows CE handheld? Is that one of the earlier ones?

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
[BuF]h.h. said:
Part of the amusement of this is looking at people's desktop icons and seeing what programs they have, and looking at people's system trays and seeing how full it is. So far, I don't think anyone here has beaten how full my system tray is:
systray.jpg

Left to right: AIM, Motherboard Monitor, HotSync Manager, Wireless Signal Strength, Network Status, PowerMenu, ATI Display, Norton Anti-Virus, Seti @ Home, Realtek Audio, Immersion Desktop (for iFeel mouse), VNC, inCD (CD packet writing)
:eek:
Blargh, I have merely three apps in my systray:
Gaim (use it for msn), rhythmbox (music player) and acme (multimedia keys app).
Then I have two launchers (which'd be comparable to your windows quicklaunch folder) for galeon (browser) and the terminal.
What fills the bar up is all the other applets though, two network monitor applets for each nic, email applet, charmap applet, two clocks: one normal, one internet time. Then there's the windowlist menu (stolen from mac ;)) that I hardly use and ma blog applet (don't use that much anymore either).

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
That isnt a mac....note the lack of a whatever they call that apple bar thing that can never ever EVER be moved for the apple is to stay above the user and be worshiped. Also note the lack of mounted drives.

Oh and the winzip dock icon kinda gives it away too.

That being said. While I detest most of the apple UI as you can see from my updated pic I do so love that dock bar. So usefull although it isnt much more than a glorified quick launch toolbar. =)