Schweeeet new custom map...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Screenshots please.

btw what kinda framerates do you get in UT?

What is your lowest?

I got a geforce 3 ti 200, Athlon XP 1600+, 256 DDR, and Unreal engine games just don't run as I would expect. I get high frame rates most of the time, but when things start getting detailed, I slow down. Like in CTF-EpicBoy on the outside I get down to 30 FPS, the rest of the map is around 85(capped at 85 because of vsync being on(needs to be on to prevent tearing)) My old computer with a Voodoo 3 performed better in Unreal games but I guess it's because UT was made for Glide. I'm running OpenGL btw.

mobace

rimmerlike :(
teh FPS thread: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19316

i am currently running:

xp1600+
MSI KT7Pro2
1 Gig PC2100 ram
GeForce2 TI 200
WinXP Home

The Ge2 TI200 was a 150$ patch back in november ... my old vid card died but I didnt want to get a Ge3 cause I figured it would be a waste at the time not to wait for something better or lower prices until UT2, but it does plenty fine in UT... I run d3d cause of OGL problems, I dont know if its the card, the os or what. The FPS appears to get capped by the card.

for this map i had to crank down to 16 bit... and still only got 45 fps average doh! havent played it much though since its offline... anyway in OGL i seem to get twice the framerate as my capped D3D framerates... about 150 fps in 1280x1024x32 and about 120fps in 1600x1200x32. but i PLAY at 16 bit cause a) i dont see the difference between 16 and 32 bit and b) when things get really thick i can notice a redcution especially if its in an open area

however i still run d3d due to some quirky thing with UT for me... when i close UT out it doesnt close right and after the window closes i have to go to the taskmanager and manually close the application. plus i swear it screws with my aiming... after playing with ogl and seeming off the entire time i switched back to d3d and all was well (enough ;) again

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Haven't tried it yet, but will soon. I'm sticking to 32-bit, but getting new rig (1900+, Soyo Dragon+) very soon.

Thought I just saw a screenshot on PU's site or somewhere.