10th Anniversary Map Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2kxPartyBoy

Third world user
Jul 13, 2008
Pergamino
pabloperugino.com
Hi, I'm copy/pasting a thread that I did in Epic Games, I hope someone reads it:

----------------

I remember, if I'm not wrong, the TimeWarp crew mapping the Forts, Fusion, Flags, Frags, and Fate of Time map packs for UT99 by his 10th anniversary, very high quality maps, why we can't do the same ? . . .

There must be some professional mapper still out there, where are they ?, the mappers behind CBP or UCMP, to some of them the game will still have to matter (I'm delusional ?) . . .

Ultimately, we could do it ourselves but I don't consider myself a professional mapper, even remotely . . .

I don't know, to me it seems a shame to miss this opportunity, any thought ? . . .

UT2kxPartyBoy

Third world user
Jul 13, 2008
Pergamino
pabloperugino.com
Ehrm, don't take me wrong but I feel myself slightly ignored here, and is not the first time, I know I am a no one here but I'm proposing an idea that can be beneficial for everybody . . .

I did a new thread in EG, more visible, expecting a reply of some kind . . .

----------------

C'mon people !, don't abandon the game !, I know I sound mad (and in fact, yes, I am) but I can't face the idea of this game been ignored to this point, I don't even have a reply saying that this is a bad idea or I suck cocks or whatever, THE IGNORE IS KILLING ME, is a clear sign that this game is dead and I hate that . . .

I'm not waiting for professional mappers starting to fall from the sky but at least we can discuss what we can do about that . . .

Not always a game celebrates 10 years with people still playing it on the servers, I'm not saying this is going to be the breath of fresh air that this game needs, I'm just saying we can't ignore the game where we spent 10 years playing, we must do something about . . .

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
*sigh* There's two problems here.

1. You posted this on BU which is a really slow site in terms of how many people actually post here.

2. As much as I hate to say it, I think people ARE ignoring UT2004 in favor of the golden child, UT. Now don't get me wrong. I love UT just as much as the next Unreal fan. But the thing is, UT2004 has some really great mods, weapon packs, maps and general improvements for it that UT does not have. And the big problem here is no one seems to care.

I would totally support a 10th Anniversary map pack for this if I could but I have 0 skills in terms of making UT content so I cannot help. All I can do is edit things here and there and throw stuff into a zip file.

UT2kxPartyBoy

Third world user
Jul 13, 2008
Pergamino
pabloperugino.com
1. You posted this on BU which is a really slow site in terms of how many people actually post here.

From what I've read (I'm a passive user) several heavyweights mappers used to post here, I thought it was a good place to start, I'm going to spread the word in other forums too, I'm not in a hurry . . .

I'm not asking them one by one because I just want to see if there is some interest about, I need feedback on the idea, I don't want to sound like a fan boy knocking the door of each one of them without having a clear idea of what I want to happen, that doesn't going to help this becoming a fact . . .

2. As much as I hate to say it, I think people ARE ignoring UT2004 in favor of the golden child, UT. Now don't get me wrong. I love UT just as much as the next Unreal fan. But the thing is, UT2004 has some really great mods, weapon packs, maps and general improvements for it that UT does not have. And the big problem here is no one seems to care.

I think UT is doing it as good as ever (at least from my point of view, I live in the ass of the world, I don't play UT99 but seems NewNet was a breath of fresh air indeed, a lot of players started to play again because they now can play in USA just fine, a lot of PUGs are been played, I can't say the same about UT2004 where we need to run behind everybody through Facebook and even this way we can barely play a 3vs3) that is why we need to focus here now, UT99 don't need us . . .

I am up for it!

I would totally support a 10th Anniversary map pack for this if I could but I have 0 skills in terms of making UT content so I cannot help. All I can do is edit things here and there and throw stuff into a zip file.

It's OK, at least two of you think is a good idea, I appreciate that . . .