UT3 HOLP3 - Coming Soon!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

brian edge

Apr 30, 2009
1 more day. :D

Also, I'd like to thank everyone that participated in the HOLP map packs, because they inspired me to bring up a community map pack for us Halo 3 MLG console players. I threw out some ideas, mainly about competitiveness, and a few other people shared theirs as well. One person finally took control of the whole thing and 5 months later, the map pack is done. Not only is it done, but each of the 12 maps currently have over 700 downloads in just a few hours. The map pack was tested by MLG officials and pros, and has also received articles on the main page of MLG, Bungie, and on HBO(nikon.bungie.org).

So, thanks everyone for the competitive UT3 maps. :)

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Volume 2 is getting close to completion, so with any luck, it will be released next Saturday, 26th September. :)

Included, will be a HOLP first. A Warfare map by Cr4zyB4st4rd:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/16eb0648.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Warfare may not be an oldskool gametype, but it certainly feels like it should have been after you've experienced what this map has to offer! ;)

Don't forget, you can get Volume 1 right now from our trusty homepage: http://holp.beyondunreal.com

Last edited:

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
I'm not a big fan of vehicle gamemodes (though they can definitely be fun online) so this is kinda like advanced domination if you will - which is a good thing in my book.
And after DM-Faze I'm definitely looking forward to this map :)

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Domination + Assault style i guess.
I'm still calling it Warfare :D

Hopefully it'll give players that don't like vehicles the opportunity to play the game type, and those that play the game type to play a hardcore map. Bridging the community :D

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Hopefully it'll give players that don't like vehicles the opportunity to play the game type, and those that play the game type to play a hardcore map. Bridging the community :D
You know there ARE already some Warfare maps that don't have any vehicles, like Market District and CBP3 Airlock (only has a Manta which is hard to get) and I think one other indoor map that was pretty good. That said, I do agree that we could use more.

But yeah, I rather like vehicle-free warfare maps, since it gives me more opportunities to use guns instead of constantly having to fight off enemy vehicles. I still do get a great kick out of regular warfare, though, on the right maps.

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
True, although airlocks', airlocks always confused me :p
I do love market district but it hardly ever gets played in publics.

But this has a much more oldskool feel then those maps do.

Either way you can wait and judge for yourself in a week :)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I swear you guys should be designing all the building interiors today for the real world. So much detail for flat surfaces.
I should stop playing CTF-Tangled to try out the DM maps now :p

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Update

We have decided to move the release date to next Saturday instead. Some of the maps aren't finished, or would be finished without being tested or polished. We want to make sure the maps are (relatively) bug free rather than releasing in a hurry.

Apologies to anyone who has been waiting on this weekend :)