Shock Combos...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
lol, good avatar Turd. But your too late though. It was already stickied before you posted. :p Thx Anyway.

NOW BACK TO THE SHOW! :D

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
:eek: Niiiicccceeeee. Do you have anymore shock combo vids.?
(And btw I always wondered what "get em' with the back smack woooo" means?)

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Well... its been a while but does anybody have anything else to add? (please?) Sheesh this topic is going to die if nobody is going to talk anymore. :p

Rawashdeh_omar

Mar 2, 2009
I have figured something that it may make noobs life easier, like me.

when doing a combo don't center the pointer on the core, just make it a little bit upper and more left.
you can see why is that, if you played ONS-Dria (or any large map) and released a core without combo it. (use a custom pointer, make it a black cross)
you will notice that the core will not be in the center of the pointer. it goes to the right bottom corner of the pointer (the black cross).

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I believe that also depends on the selected hand - if you use left hand, it will go to the left bottom corner. Yet UT2004 Shock Balls are rather precise compared to UT3 Shock balls that have collision a lot higher than the effect, and it's annoying...

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
What GreatEmerald said, it's caused by the offset from the hand side. Centered and hidden weapons don't have this problem. I love hidden weapons ;]

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Whoops, srry for being away too long. I almost forgot about this post since no one seemed to post for a while. ;) Thx for the tip Rawashdeh_omar. I will naturally not add it to the suggestions list.

Just kidding. :D Actually, though, yeah I have noticed that in all UT games I have played (UT99, UT2004) the shots are not quite on the center of the crosshair. That really ticked me off way back in my ut99 days. Then again I only just started playing with a hidden/centered weapon and since forgotten about it. ;) Thx again omar for bringing that up.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
watch out for other people who shock combo your own balls

in other words he shoots your ball as soon as you fire it

thus killing you