Sound Card Issues

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Ok folks heres the rig
750 MHZ Athy
Kt7-RAID mobo
Voodoo 4500
Diamond Monster MX300 A3d sound card(lousy buggers)
256MB PC 133 RAM
Directx 8.0a
UT 436
A box of Twix set atop my CPU within easy reach;)
I'm using the Vorext2 drivers from Vortex of sound which are the most stable ones on my system. Anything else crashes. I used them before the format with no problems.

The problem is that upon reinstallation of UT when I tried to launch it it gave me the little Unreal Tourney startup screen and then the screen went blank. Could not alt F4 or Ctrl Alt Del out of it so had to reboot. I'vre zeroed in on the issue being that if I use direct sound it caused this crash. Without it my sound is awful and staticy.
But things get worse. On a whim I turned sound on agian today(direct sound=false) and I got nothing. Not even the sttaticy nonsense I was getting b4:(

I was running UT fine on this rig till a virus invaded my storage space and forced me to re format my HDD. I've restored my PC to it's old config with the same drivers I had before which are still the newest ones...no surprise given the fact both my sound and vid cards were manufactured by companies that no longer exist.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.