3D Realms Shuts Down, Duke's Fate Unclear

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LG1X

Aug 16, 2008
pcgamcov.jpg

Last edited:

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009

Why should I? You already had proven you didn't understand what others did.

Besides... ...I got into the gaming-industry because some company couldn't deliver to a publisher in time (or not at all, seing the state of that project) and I was asked to look into the code but came to the conclusion (at first glance, because the code wasn't commented AT ALL) that a complete rewrite would be better, I find the publihser/developer-case quite interesting.

TBH: It was only a game being sold for 9.99 Euros in retail stores... ...so we are not talking about the really huge titles. But at least I could show off to my GF when I showed her the product at several places in the huge media-markets. :D

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
err... what others?

As for this lawsuit, it's a boring and quite clear case of deception. Well... unless 3DRealms invested their money in subprime laws. Then it's still a clear case, but a bit less boring.
Joystiq's news title is actually wrong, because isn't about DNF not being/getting finished. It's about 3DRealms saying to Take2 that "all's well", even though it clearly wasn't.

ps, on a somewhat related note (i.e. alien ass kicking games) Serious Sam 3 is apparently almost done.

Last edited:

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
As for this lawsuit, it's a boring and quite clear case of deception. Well... unless 3DRealms invested their money in subprime laws. Then it's still a clear case, but a bit less boring.

argh... correction on that
it just started to become interesting:
http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?id=19924013#itemanchor_19924013
and http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/15/forever-gate-take-two-demands-duke-nukem-forever-source-code-in/

According to 3DRealms Take2 never paid the $12m, and Take2 want's the DNF code (and assets) in the lawsuit.

Last edited: