A Question About Modeling Installation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hey there Beyond Unreal, I had a question.

I recently downloaded custom models for UT3 on skincity. After much fixing and extracting, I got them to appear and be playable however they are still somewhat bugged. Before I get to the problem here's some background info on it:

I installed UT3 via the DVD, so the big directory is:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Unreal Tournament 3/

I am running Vista (don't argue the point with me here please, it's not my computer but the owner is nice enough to let me use it), so there is also:

C:/*User Name*/Documents/My Games/UT3/

The game is not patched.

Now I extracted all the models to the documents directory first and did add a line in the CustomChar.ini for one model and saved it. Everytime I now launch UT3, I am prompted that the .ini is outdated and am asked if I want it updated.

If I click yes I am unable to access the models.

If I click no I am able to access the models.

Problem is upon playing the game the models move without animations. That is their movements are static and they slide on the floor instead of actually walk and run. Also, when I feign death, the character is stuck frozen standing up until it is killed, as well as stuck standing up with the normal free moving camera after it is killed.

I have tried multiple things but am unable to solve this problem. Are there any suggestions (besides patching obviously) that can be made to solve this problem?

One last note, the "published" folder that is often referred to was not there when I installed the game, so I made it myself in the documents directory.

Finally, if you can explain you response in the best detail possible it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: