critical error with multiplayer unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sharpshooter

Dec 29, 2000
most of the time when I try to play unreal under multiplayer I get the following critical error message.

Assertion Failed:ActorClass [File:C:\Build\UnrealGold\Engine\Src\UnChan.cpp][Line:691]

History:InitialClientActor <-UactorChannel::ReceivedBunch <-(Actor None) <-UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch
<-Direct <-UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch <-DispatchDataToChannel <-BunchData <-
UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket <-UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket <-UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch <-
UpdatePreNet <-ULevel::Tick <-(NetMode=3) <-TickLevel <-UGameEngine::Tick <-UpdateWorld <-Mainloop

I have Unreal gold...version 226b. And I get the above error message 90% of the time when I try to log in to an internet game. Can somebody tell me what this means and how to fix it?? Thanks

Tylerabe

Feb 13, 2001
Dayton, OHIO
Visit site
Sounds to me.......

like you have corrupt user.ini and unreal.ini files

I you have installed a mod or some sort of extra maps or skins or textures and then uninstalled them, your ini files can't find them because you removed them. I would if you don't mind, but either copy and paste new user and unreal ini files from the unreal cd and overwrite your current ones or just do a plain old reinstallation of Unreal.

sharpshooter

Dec 29, 2000
I did a complete reinstall and still keep getting the same error messages. I can connect to some of the online games but most of them I can't. I used to use the unreal version that came with my voodoo 3 card...unreal version 222r i think it was. I never had any problems connecting with that....but the only problem with the old version now is that it keeps telling me to upgrade to the version that I am already using right now. I tried upgrading my old version but it would freeze everytime i opened it...no matter what changes i made to the video resolution. So I have to use unreal gold