RailGun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

No1Joel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
Hey, i dunno if any of u can do this, but i may as well ask... Can any1 make a railgun for UT (not 2003) that
A)Can shoot through walls
and
B)has a zoom mode (dusn't need to zoom) that will allow you to get an indea of where to shoot to get a kill
If its impossible to make sumthing go thru walls in unreal, how about just the zoom type mode that lets u see kinda where ure enemies are
Or if ya can't do that, u can always just say no :D
:sniper:

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
No1Joel said:
Hey, i dunno if any of u can do this, but i may as well ask... Can any1 make a railgun for UT (not 2003) that
A)Can shoot through walls
and
B)has a zoom mode (dusn't need to zoom) that will allow you to get an indea of where to shoot to get a kill
If its impossible to make sumthing go thru walls in unreal, how about just the zoom type mode that lets u see kinda where ure enemies are
Or if ya can't do that, u can always just say no :D
:sniper:
Sounds like the rail gun from Redfaction!
I think some one can make it if people reply to these forums it's like a ghost town here.

No1Joel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
Master Roshi said:
What is U4E???
U4E is a huge (i stress huge which means a big download) mod for unreal tournament. I ALREADY KNEW THAT A RAILGUN WAS ON THIS, BUT I JUST WANTED THE GUN!!!
sorry about that :D

Pxtl

Lord of the Files
Jan 30, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Learn to screw with the mod.

You can hack the mod to get rid of the features you don't need. If you use WORM, you could remove all the packages except the U4E weapons package, as WORM will replace the GUI menu (which might crash if you took out the other featuers). Then just keep that separately. That should be small enough for your purposes.

First thing I did with U4E was learn to hack the int files to remove all the flab - that mod is severly bloated with stupid carp.

No1Joel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
erm, yeah, but u still have to download, and know how to hack stuff... the reason i'm here is because i cant do any of that!!

Pxtl

Lord of the Files
Jan 30, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Well,

No1Joel said:
erm, yeah, but u still have to download, and know how to hack stuff... the reason i'm here is because i cant do any of that!!

Its the only mod that's got that. You're gonna have to deal with it. Just learn how the .int files work. If you want it, you're gonna have to just suck it up and download it. If you don't want the newest U4E junk, just get U4Ev6, not U4EF.

Will you be running a server with it?

No1Joel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
no, sorry, no server... i've uninstalled ut because it was just taking up space and slowing down my computer, but i am gonna reinstall it sometime.

Pxtl

Lord of the Files
Jan 30, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
In that case

Just suck it up and download U4E. The only reason to need to get part of U4E is to avoid forcing your clients to download the whole mod for one gun.

To save yourself from hacking the ini file and suchlike if you're playing lan at all, get U4E 6, not U4EF.