28 Days Later

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
I don't remember a thread on this and a lot of people have mixed feelings about it

I finally saw it this week on my comper after realizing no nearby theater was going to carry it... ever

What was good about it: I wasn't blow away by it, but I ended up going back and thinking about it all week... that usually ends with me buying it :p. The zombies being protrayed as yelling, running beasts was fantastic. The soundtrack was great... I ordered it the same night... yes, yes, emofag/nerd rock lover that I am.

What was bad about it: Given what I had read beforehand about a weird ending and how they reached a military fort at the end, it wasn't the movie I was expecting to see... it was good as a low budget film, but could have used a tiny little touch of hollywood.

What I didn't get: The ending was about as straightforward as could be... what's the big mystery to it?

It is the best film I've seen all year. The film is an entertaining apocolypse film, a impressive and original zombie flick, and a very thought provoking look at Human nature. I was both intertained and intrigued. And the soundtrack frickin rocks.

-SPOILERS AHEAD-

The best scene in the movie for me was when Jim goes back to the military compound to rescue Selena and Hannah and he attacks the perverted soldier who is holding Selena at gunpoint and brutally kills him. And Selena, holding her machette, can't tell him apart from the infected. The scene is well shot and carries out in such away the the intention behind it is just captured beautifully.

"People killing people"

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
-SPOILERS AHEAD-

I love the part where they go shopping. "You cant just grab any old crap"
The most suprising scene is right at the beginning of the movie after one of the first attacks where that girl cuts that guy up after a battle with an infected.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
I thought the part where he had gone kinda animal and gouged his head out was a little obvious

But really, I didn't see anything new or thought provoking about the story... if nine soldiers were holed up... sure they'd want a woman... if you'd been cooped up in an apartment for days, sure you're going to laugh in a grocery store and have bad dreams about loneliness... pretty straightforward to me

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
you seen the dvd of it? the ending was at some point changed, i think.
there was an alternate ending on the dvd, where the guy hadnt made it, but it was identical other than that

it reminded me alot of a series on channel 5, once. "urban gothic", a series of more-or-less unrelated tele-movie slightly tongue in cheek horror stories.

low budget, but, erm, somehow classy anyway.

anyway,
"gritty", the non holywood glosslessness and more raw pace to things, especially action, and stuff. whatever