Help a newbie - Cant get D/L'ed maps to run

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MJS

Feb 11, 2001
Visit site
This is my 1st time trying new maps, and I cannot find the "instructions" to get them to work. I extract the files, put them in the directories ( maps, sound, textures, etc ), but if I do and "OPEN mapname" in command, they load but I cannot get them to start - all I see is the "hit the fire key to start", but it wont. Any help or a point to a good set of instructions would be great.

mashley278

Professional Camper
Feb 10, 2001
Visit site
Are they UMOD maps? You should just place the textures, system files, and maps in there locations w/in your UT Directory. There should be no "OPEN mapname", you should just pull it down from your menu.

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
You're going to have to describe this in more detail.

Let me see if I have this straight:

The map loads up fine. Do you see the map after it loads and it just won't start the match? Or is the map not even visible? Do other maps (out of the box) work fine?