UE3 - UT3 Testing Help Needed!! DM-AlienFlowBeta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hieloco

Jan 22, 2008
San Salvador, El Salvador
Hello everyone!

I first posted this thread on the content releases section of the BU Forum, hmmm but maybe this place is more appropiate for this kind of request, since I am looking for a bit of help with some gameplay testing.

I have just completed the first gameplay iteration of my upcoming map, DM-AlienFlowBeta (working title), that I want to enter into the MSUC! The idea is to make a fast and furious Arena style level for 2 or 3 players max, with lots of z-axis play, and with a colorful, non-industrial theme, for god's sake! As of now, the version that I'm releasing is a fugly BSP shell (making the map an alpha actually... oh well), but I wanted to really nail the gameplay before I added any nice graphics whatsoever.

And that's where you come in, my fluffy little friends! :D

I was wondering if there were some brave, enthusiastic UT3 players (or at least some guys with nothing better to do) that might want to help me out by testing the level and giving me their feedback. I have some particular questions, and they are detailed in the readme included in the zip.

The map has full bot support, so it can be played offline. I don't know if when cooking it, the thing got optimized for PS3, so hmmm... I would recommend to play it only on the PC, to be safe.

The download link is the following:

http://files.filefront.com/13389669

All I can offer in return is including you in the readme, help in testing out your stuff, and a big fat thank you! ;) And if this post actually had to go under "content releases", well, feel free to flame me back into it! :lol:

And well, I don't know if they are actually worth posting in their current state, but since it's the proper thing to do, here are some screenies! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• AlienFlowBeta1.jpg
    AlienFlowBeta1.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 17
  • AlienFlowBeta2.jpg
    AlienFlowBeta2.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 18
  • AlienFlowBeta3.jpg
    AlienFlowBeta3.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 16

unrealativity

Mar 12, 2009
It's a good start. You should make the material look like its crawling. I might be able to help you out with that but I always have problems with the editor.

hieloco

Jan 22, 2008
San Salvador, El Salvador
Hi man! Thanks for the offer! However, right now I'm reworking a lot for the stuff in the map based on feedback (hence I only had this ugly BSP shell). I'll release it for a second beta again and wait for a little bit more gameplay feedback! After that I'll retweak and finally replace all the ugliness with nice graphics!