New GUI / Looking For An Experienced GUI Coder

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Virax

Apr 13, 2004
I absolutely love the latest shot. I can't wait for this, man. Although, maybe a different pic for the ONS screeny at the bottom? That Torlan one's a bit bland.

Good luck with it. :)

grimstar

May 27, 2001
Australia
Btw, keep teh.

icon14.gif

jevus

От България
Feb 17, 2003
good job, the second one looks better, tho if you're going for the sharp look on things, try and see how it looks with sharp yellow rectangles in front of the text, instead of the blurry ones. and maybe add 1 pixel thick lines around them, with lighter yellow color.

question: will the screenshots be sliding along the screen or will they be fading? i think they would look better if they were sliding

Sparky

Retired Administrator
Dec 6, 1999
Australia
www.beyondunreal.com
GrimStar said:
I like the second one, without the screens it'd look better though.

$0.02
Yeah, not sure since I had some rather major animation plans for those shots. I'll have a long think. And thanks for the feedback jevus, I took it on board. :)

They'll be sliding/rotating beween each gametype's map, so I picture it from here.

jevus

От България
Feb 17, 2003
Sparky said:
And thanks for the feedback jevus, I took it on board. :)

hehe, np :) it looks way cool

now the only thing i need is ut2k4!
i know the GUI isnt out yet, i just felt the need to stress that situation

EDIT

one thing, im not sure, but can UED support layers? i say that because the ut2k4 logo is above the screens and the 2004 is also in the way

Last edited:

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
By origanal I ment your top GUI, not UT2004's. Sorry If caused offence I wasn't thinking I just don't like the square edges on the "selectables" I like the screenshots and the background though.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
I can't stand all the wannabe graphic artists that just think that adding lense flairs makes good art :p

{RA}CAVEMAN

Apr 13, 2004
Looks great!!! Second one is best so far!!! I can't wait to change out the retarded blue on blue crap that shipped with the game!!!!!

btw... You may wanna keep "Community" in the menu!!! ;)

Last edited:

Virax

Apr 13, 2004
I personally thought Xan was the best right there. I really liked the side view. ;P

In the INA forums, I saw someone mentioning that they'd like everything slowly fading between different things; the background, the small images, the model. My opinion of that, is only fade the b/w background, or fade them all at the same time, every time. Doing them out of sync would kill my eyes, and totally ruin this for me as a GUI.

That said, I really love this thus far, and good luck!

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I like the first one the best.

If you can, can you make several? If you can get someone to code it that shouldn't be a problem should it?

Oh, and keep the "teh".

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
The first one look to generic, the last one looks more inventive, though I dont like your "Tournament 2004" Font/ alignment/and so on, the original looks better in that department.