Will This Change Your Mind About Bulletstorm PC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Portal's a puzzle game... and puzzle games based on timing and fast reflexes suck...
They're not nerfing it for the consoles, they're just doing it the right way... ;)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Some parts did require fast reflexes too... no doubt they were the worst ones... I mainly liked Abe games because of their sense of humour and the ability to play as your enemies... Repeating some zones for a dozen of times was frustrating indeed (although dying was kinda fun! :D).

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I remember a lot the Abe games, like wrongly jumping into a Scrab and die, or failing hard at deactivate those time bombs.
Odyssey and Exoddus were amazing though.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
So, then don't buy the game. That doesn't make it a valid excuse to download an illegitimate copy and play the game.

I'd make my decision on whether or not the game is good based on the demo but seeing as there isn't one...

:rolleyes:

Of course you can also be less of an idiot and wait 2 months after release and buy all 3 games for the same amount.

Your joking right? MW2 is still 60 bucks on steam. Games usually go about 6 months before a price drop, or if its an activision game, 2 years. Or you have to wait for a steam sale.

Yeah, that's why Valve demands people to use their DRM.
Are you SERIOUSLY saying Steam is worse than securom or safedisk or any other **** rootkit DRM tools that other companies use?

That's why Gearbox used the much hated gamespy in Borderlands,
Gamespy is bad yes, but it's not THAT bad. I have no real issue with it, infact I'll take gamespy over GFWL any day of the week.

and never released some of the DLC for the PC in retail.
Wrong!

That's why Valve nerfed Portal 2 and Gearbox simplified DNF so that the games are the same on both consoles and the PC.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

Have you played portal prelude or the 42 portal map pack? Twitch puzzles from HELL.
And how the hell are you judging how difficult or intricate these games are going to be based on nothing but teaser trailers?

All actions that show so much love towards PC versions of their game.

Drawnexbawks.png

Last edited:

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Hasn't Gearbox only released the Zombie Island/Mad Moxxi on retail? I'm pretty sure the GOTY edition only includes redeemable codes for the dlc.If there is some pack that has all of the dlc on a disk, I'd like to get it.

What's wrong with Safedisc, anyway? At least it lets me sell my games or give them away when I'm done with them.

Last edited:

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Aren't those just downloads, though? The email field says "(for receipt & download link)", so it doesn't sound like they sell physical copies.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Are you SERIOUSLY saying Steam is worse than securom or safedisk or any other **** rootkit DRM tools that other companies use?
Probably he is. And I tend to agree, since I can't return games. In particular ETQW some time ago, since I refuse to run Punkbuster on my machine

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Shady online store? You mean the store Gearbox made for selling the retail PC DLC? If you don't trust Gearbox, why are you buying anything from them, let alone DLC off of their web store?

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Shady online store? You mean the store Gearbox made for selling the retail PC DLC? If you don't trust Gearbox, why are you buying anything from them, let alone DLC off of their web store?
Yes shady, because it's a 2kgames online store but it only sells the borderlands DLC. So, would that store be still there in a couple of months? The stuff that I download, will it still work in a couple of months? No contact information for when something goes wrong with the purchase. etc.
For a company as large as 2K is doesn't feel like a very trustworthy shop.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
I'd make my decision on whether or not the game is good based on the demo but seeing as there isn't one...
No, you clearly stated you had no intention to buy the game.

(ps, I think downloading a copy to "sample the product" is a good reason; at least, in lack of demo)

Your joking right? MW2 is still 60 bucks on steam. Games usually go about 6 months before a price drop, or if its an activision game, 2 years. Or you have to wait for a steam sale.

You shouldn't buy games on steam anyway (at least, not when they are not on sale). Generally retail shops sell the games much cheaper, even on release. Steam usually sells games at RRP, retails stores often don't. And it doesn't even take a lot of time to find a cheaper store.

Yes, I much more prefer securom or safedisk (with the exception of the Securom PA component). I think I've stated that often enough, I even did so in the beginning of this thread.

No, it's not wrong. Unless you can show me proof of a retail copy of Claptrap's Revenge and Knoxx.

Have you played portal prelude or the 42 portal map pack? Twitch puzzles from HELL.
And how the hell are you judging how difficult or intricate these games are going to be based on nothing but teaser trailers?

Boing flip ?!
How the hell can you make any judgments whether Bulletstorm is worth your money on nothing but teaser trailers.
But you know, there have been quite some people that already played Portal 2.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
No, you clearly stated you had no intention to buy the game.

(ps, I think downloading a copy to "sample the product" is a good reason; at least, in lack of demo)
Actually I clearly stated that I had intentions to buy the game up until the announcement of GFWL and Cliffy's snide remarks. Not to mention after watching a good 15 minutes worth of game play videos it looked pretty bad. Bland enemies, slow walking speeds, and guns that aren't quite as "original" as they are claiming to be.

You shouldn't buy games on steam anyway (at least, not when they are not on sale). Generally retail shops sell the games much cheaper, even on release. Steam usually sells games at RRP, retails stores often don't. And it doesn't even take a lot of time to find a cheaper store.

Uh no? I like to buy my games on steam, mainly because I can easily download and install them on other machines without any problems. And I like the convenience of not worrying about losing my CD key or disc. I just have to keep track of my password for steam. And in the past when I have lost said password, steam support was very supportive and helped me get it back.

Sure it's more expensive sometimes but who cares? 10 bucks more that goes to the dev's. And from what I've heard Steam takes a lot less of the $ than the big publishers.

Yes, I much more prefer securom or safedisk (with the exception of the Securom PA component). I think I've stated that often enough, I even did so in the beginning of this thread.

HAHAHAHAAHAAHAH. Oh god man that's amazing.

Read this kthx.
http://www.flibitijibibo.com/flibit-on-drm-part-1-technology/

No, it's not wrong. Unless you can show me proof of a retail copy of Claptrap's Revenge and Knoxx.
I believe 3 people have already proved that.

Boing flip ?!
How the hell can you make any judgments whether Bulletstorm is worth your money on nothing but teaser trailers.
But you know, there have been quite some people that already played Portal 2.

Duke nukem forever has 1 teaser trailer out (only counting ones from gearbox) and portal has had a few small gameplay trailers that don't show all that much (last time I checked anyways)

Bulletstorm has MORE than enough videos of gameplay each of which showing around 3 to 10 minutes of unedited footage and I have to say it looks rather bland. As I have already stated at the top of the thread the style of gameplay they are going for just looks "meh" to me. And with the added annoyance of GFWL (which is the most broken ass service of all time) and the fact that the game is literally a console port at this point, I have lost all faith in this game being good.

I could be wrong. But I doubt it.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I agree with inferyes except I'll buy Bulletstorm and Portal 2 and have extremely low expectations for DNF or any Duke-related thing in particular.

Opinions man

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Actually I clearly stated that I had intentions to buy the game up until the announcement of GFWL and Cliffy's snide remarks. Not to mention after watching a good 15 minutes worth of game play videos it looked pretty bad. Bland enemies, slow walking speeds, and guns that aren't quite as "original" as they are claiming to be.

But you're still going to download the game and give them nothing for it.
Yeah makes a lot of sense.

The only point you make with that action is that you're a thief.

Last edited: