INF 2.9 Win2003 Dedicated Server "Creeping Ping"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
Anyone else having a problem setting up a dedicated Win2003 server?

We get 1500+ pings after mapchanges and the clients suffer from around 100% OUTGOING packetloss.

This sounds like the former "Creeping Ping" problems, but I've never heard of that happening with 2003. Any ideas?

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
Um. It's a friggin Dual-Xeon 2.6GHz with 2Gigs of memory.

And our "old" 1GHz server can handle it.

Only difference apart from the speed is that the old one is LINUX and the new one Win2k3...

morpheus13

Mar 31, 2003
Visit site
Fenris said:
Anyone else having a problem setting up a dedicated Win2003 server?

We get 1500+ pings after mapchanges and the clients suffer from around 100% OUTGOING packetloss.

This sounds like the former "Creeping Ping" problems, but I've never heard of that happening with 2003. Any ideas?

go here
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/unrealtourn/
and download the ut436-ipdrv-070902.zip , it's an updated ipdriver for winnt based systems (win2k, xp, 2k3).