(Help) What monitor do you have?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Latent Image

Bring the rain!
Jun 3, 2001
Zer0's Anus
Just wondering im planning on getting a new 19 inch monitor (black) soon
and I wanted to know what you lot thought the best is to get for price quality etc.

flookster

Somewhere im not scatterbrain
Nov 7, 2002
suburbia
Visit site
I got me one of these a month or two back - it may not be what you are looking for but it is perfect for me.

Hitachi CML174SXWB 17" TFT Monitor (Carbon)
The thin and sleek design of the CML174SXWB TFT Monitor provides distortion-free images while saving desktop space. Features include excellent contrast ratio, fast response time and a DVI-D / D-sub input. This model is in Carbon finish.

- 17" viewable image size (equivalent to 19" CRT)
- High Resolution - SXGA 1280 x 1024
- 16.7 million colours
- Excellent Contrast Ratio (400:1)
- Fast response time - tr: 12ms + tf: 4ms
- Wide viewing angle - 160º H x 160º V

Complete with comprehensive 3 year on-site warranty.

Attachments

• lg_cml174sxwb.jpg
    lg_cml174sxwb.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
I went through this the other month when looking for a 19" CRT. I liked the idea of a TFT but the cost of one that supports the resolutions I wanted (1600x1200+) was too much, I really like having two kidneys.

In the end I went for the Iiyama VisionMaster 454pro, I know a couple of people with the same monitor who swear by it and it's been on PCpro's A-list since before time began. It only cost me ~£280, it uses the newer highbright DiamondTron U2 tube, supports insanely high res's (2048x1536@80Hz) and the picture quality is fantastic. The first one I received was faulty (had a very burred image), but Iiyama had a replacement on my desk within 48 hours (which is standard for 3 years). :tup:

AFAIK, they don't do the 454 in black, but they do with the VM 455 pro; it's slightly lower spec. (not by much though) and is around £50 cheaper. :)

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
NEC Monitors are great, and very reliable. Samsungs are good too (not as reliable as an NEC, but good - I have had the same Samsung for 3 years, it's about to go soon, and an NEC for 4, still kicking), however they are heavy mofos.

If anything, make sure it's a perfect-flat. Also, I wouldn't recomend LCD's - lower resolutions in games means smaller display. CRT monitors are still the way to go IMHO for gaming, and with a perfect flat, you'll be set.