I'm in big big trouble...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Early this week, a distant relative phoned to tell my mother and I that my grand-mother that live in Switzerland was very ill. We were to go together to see her but the train schedules for Genova were too messy for me and for my work, only my mother was able to go. Ancient friends from Africa will host her at her arrival in Genova and will bring her to Montreux (where my grand-mother lives) tomorrow morning.

It's 23:33 here as I write these lines. I brought my mother to the station this afternoon at 18:00. The train for Genova departed at 19:00 with an arrival scheduled to 00:01, in half an hour. After I left her in the station, I picked-up my gf and we went back home.

A few minutes later, the same relative phoned to tell me that my grand-mother died at around 18:00.

I now have to wait the arrival of my mother to tell her the event. My gf is dead tired and just went to bed. I'm alone in front of my computer, wondering how I will tell my mother without shocking her (she is 68 and probably tired from the travel)...

Damn, I'm feeling so bad. :(

Avalanche

Come on drop sez Puck
Nov 14, 2001
Visit site
That to bad wolf
Just tell your ma plain and simple. Don't try to suger coat it.
In a normal tone of voice say
Mom, while you where gone famaily called again and said grandma pasted away. I'm so sorry.

hope everything works out.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Sorry man :(

If you think it could give her a bad shock than hug her while telling it. That helps to make it easyer.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Thx guys. She suported the shock but I had to phone twice to explain her. She was kinda nervous. She's going today in the hospital to see her for the last time. :(