UT3 DM-Nano (Beta 1)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Ha, cool, I'll check it out, THX for the link ;)

As for the map, feedback as been very deceiving & I also started to work on another map 1 month ago to change my ideas a bit. The other map (DM-Aly) is available on Epic forums so that's why I take my time to finish it. Look like no one care & I don't have any deadline so there is no needs to rush.

But I must tell you that I spends hours per week optimizing it. Still, the result is deceiving :( After hours & hours & hours of culling, I gain like 5 FPS at most ! Big deception.

Anyway, THX for showing some interest, your one of the few :eek:

SuperAlgae

Tritoxa incurva
Aug 10, 2005
After hours & hours & hours of culling, I gain like 5 FPS at most ! Big deception.

5 FPS is not a huge gain, but it is also not trivial. The frame rate was not terrible to start with, so if you can get a solid 5 FPS improvement, that might be enough. If you have completed an overall optimization, then you could just focus on the slowest spots (perhaps with careful removal of meshes/effects or blocking of visibility in some areas). Of course, you're probably way ahead of me on this.

In general, with so many meshes/polys, I think it is understandable that the frame rate will be a little lower than the standard Epic maps.

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Well, I was hoping to get at least 80 FPS constantly wherever I'm located. It's playable on my rig since the lowest I got is 45 FPS but not everyone as a good rig. I was hoping that FPS would be around 60 FPS or more for an average rig.

I'm aware about several things when it come to optimizations. But since Nano as 2.2 millions triangle at peak ingame which is twice the triangles of stock maps, I just can't do miracles. It is something I keep in mind when I'm working on my other map.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Any chance the final will be able to be downloaded from somewhere else besides fileplanet and mediafire?

EDIT: cool, looks like you have File Front as one of the DLs this time in the other thread.:)

Last edited:

stevelois

Aug 31, 2009
stevelois.com
Any chance the final will be able to be downloaded from somewhere else besides fileplanet and mediafire?

Heu... my main download is mediafire & I never have any prob with it ?

But, the map will be on utzone.de after few days & it should be available by UTU since I'm gonna send it to them :)