Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
Mvlbc.jpg

Hurrah here is my big almost finished town wall! Now I need an actual town to put in it.

That puts everything I've done to shame :lol:

I just spent 5 hours building up my base in the sky, mining, and creating a giant house on top of my spawn point. I might post pics later. The house is currently 3 stories high, giant glass windows, and everything :)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm making an automatic transit subway system with Redstone. Currently at two stations done, one near the house/spawn and the other near my diamond branch mine. There's even lights turning on to tell you a cart is at the station for you to jump on. I'll make more stations when I need them.
I had to give myself a few (a lot of) railroad tracks to complete it, not enough Iron, but other than that the digging is all legit :)
I'm using Cartograph to line up the tunnels I dig.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I'm gonna be not playing for a while, i am tired of starting all over again.

"Tired of" ? How so? We had problems with the first world, true. Then we re-gen'd and since then it's been smooth sailing. No server crashes and no lost data. We were going to move it to another server because it had a better connection but the ISP it's on is having problems currently. That's the only problem we've had.

I'm sorry but I don't get how you can be tired of it when we've been playing with no problems for three days now. We're gonna keep this world for at least a few weeks, maybe longer.

This goes for everyone. Don't be all butthurt just because we re-gen'd and started a new world. It's a game. **** happens. Life goes on. This brings to mind an eerily similar game called Dwarf Fortress. Hell, the entire point of Dwarf Fortress is to lose. I played that game for months non-stop and I lost countless fortresses, some I'd worked on for weeks. But it didn't stop me from playing.

/end rant.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
"Tired of" ? How so? We had problems with the first world, true. Then we re-gen'd and since then it's been smooth sailing. No server crashes and no lost data. We were going to move it to another server because it had a better connection but the ISP it's on is having problems currently. That's the only problem we've had.

I'm sorry but I don't get how you can be tired of it when we've been playing with no problems for three days now. We're gonna keep this world for at least a few weeks, maybe longer.

This goes for everyone. Don't be all butthurt just because we re-gen'd and started a new world. It's a game. **** happens. Life goes on. This brings to mind an eerily similar game called Dwarf Fortress. Hell, the entire point of Dwarf Fortress is to lose. I played that game for months non-stop and I lost countless fortresses, some I'd worked on for weeks. But it didn't stop me from playing.

/end rant.

I'm tired of starting from scratch all the time, we have done like 3 starts from scratch. The first day you forgot to save and it was all lost, the 2nd i made the market and it was all lost, now a 3rd time all wiped. It gets tiresome. We lose EVERYTHING we have done in those countless hours, untill the game is stable i'll be doing other things i did before minecraft.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I'm tired of starting from scratch all the time, we have done like 3 starts from scratch. The first day you forgot to save and it was all lost, the 2nd i made the market and it was all lost, now a 3rd time all wiped. It gets tiresome. We lose EVERYTHING we have done in those countless hours, untill the game is stable i'll be doing other things i did before minecraft.

Uh, the world didn't get wiped a 3rd time. I don't know what you're talking about. Your house is still there.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Can MP maps be used when in SP? If so, then when we are ready to regenerate a map, we can distribute the saved game file to the respective people who want the game file. Then, their hard work over the hours building stuff won't be in vain. That is a good compromise solution to this situation.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Can MP maps be used when in SP? If so, then when we are ready to regenerate a map, we can distribute the saved game file to the respective people who want the game file. Then, their hard work over the hours building stuff won't be in vain. That is a good compromise solution to this situation.

Hell, if DarkEd ever plans on killing the current world, I plan to ask him for a copy and I'll get my own server to put it up on. D:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
It is a refreshing change from all those people who decided graphics were more important then gameplay. This pretty much goes to show you gameplay and fun is what a game is all about, not how pretty it looks. Gameplay is what keeps the players playing the game instead of "yawn this is boring".
Yeah; after two days of screwing with this I bought the Premium account while it's still in Alpha. The whole thing intrigues me no end.

It reminds me of when Wolfenstein and Doom first came out for some reason. It just seems so unique.

As for stability issues I've already had one crash and lost everything but what the heck. I'm just now starting to learn form the wiki properly and it really has sucked me in.