world of warcraft

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
What does everyone think of world of warcraft?
i got deceived into buying the game recently then realised it was online only play (no single player mode which is astounding for the space it takes up) with monthly payments to the developers or whatever and 49 pounds for the set of cds it comes on.
This is even worse than steam and its verification palava
anti piracy has gone way too far now, imagine a future where you are forking out money each month for a series of games you own??? :(

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
A good lesson for you; next time pay attention to the box before buying it. "online play only", It is written on the box. :rolleyes:
Games are getting bigger and bigger, hard drives too. Get used to it. :)

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
WHAT? no your making a mistake unless your rich or daft

[Posted by 195.93.21.39. This is added while posting a message via http://webwarper.net to avoid misuse of WebWarper. Example of using WebWarper: http://webwarper.net/ww/forums.beyondunreal.com/login.php

dude, its a monthly charge on top of the game price so they can control the game completly through the internet its absolutly pathetic
ANTI-PIRACY GONE INSANE BEYOND HUMAN KNOWLEDGE!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek

ps: i got anther ip ban message after trying to post and lost all the text i typed so i had to type this again and the proxy that hides my ip posts text to stop mass commenting
anyone know why i get random ban messages?

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
icemanex said:
dude, its a monthly charge on top of the game price so they can control the game completly through the internet its absolutly pathetic
ANTI-PIRACY GONE INSANE BEYOND HUMAN KNOWLEDGE!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek
Have you been living under a rock or something? There are so many games whereas you have to pay a monthly fee. It's how most MMORPG games work these days. It has nothing to do with your 'anti-piracy' theory.
So you pay for it and in return you get: a quality game, regularly new content, good network support and stuff like that.

Still, if you buy a MMORPG game it's likely that they'll ask a monthly fee. It is also written on the box if they do. Always look out for the small letters on the box. It saves you from a bad buy. :rolleyes:
Usually, the first 30 days are free or charge and after that they want to see money. It's nothing new. However, I do think that some developers asks way to much for their games to be played. Lower the monthly fee and you get more players, which will probably give more profit in the end.

You shouldn't be mad on them but on yourself... for not carefully reading the box before buying. Sorry, but the blame is on you m8. Now chill out! :)

Last edited by a moderator: