I just bought a new comp will it run this game?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KoshiJoshi

Certified FlakMonkey
Dec 13, 2005
England
its cool that all of you seem to be getting new hardware and all this in prep for ut2007 but dont you think it would be wiser to wait for the actual release of the game, like i started saving all my money into my bank account about three or so days ago in order to be able to buy a pc when it comes out.

Right now i run ut2004 on a 845mhz system, with 256mb ram, 16mb vid mem(and it runs fine, just lags on onslaught). sucks doesent it?

hwkwndl5

Sep 10, 2005
no, it doesn't suck at all.
i play online with minimal settings, but also want to understand how beautiful things can be.
i am a sick puppy, but will never learn new tricks

innociv

Mar 25, 2005
I got a new mobo and 6800gt because my graphics cad was 3 and a half years old.. radeon 9700pro. I couldn't run the games well that came out this year.

Well.. not on 1600x1200.

Ma3a*

Null-Technology
Dec 25, 2005
If this wont run it, then i have no idea, Expect Around, High, Quality or highest.

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
innociv said:
50-80 is just PR. It's likely 20-50%

ok but still, lets just say its 50% increase. if u take some one thats getting 65fps and give them a 50% increase, that will push them all the way up to just a hair under 100!! fps. thats no small amount or something to just laugh off like its nothing, thats a massive fps increase. no matter what everyone says dual core systems are the way to go for next gen games.

and chew on this for a while, if dual core systems werent better for next gen games and applications and everything else why would amd be making dual core fx processors...why not just continue to keep them single core?

also when u take a look at something like the unreal engine 3. it was completly built around dual core tecnology. theres no patch u slap on later to make it run better, so u can be dam sure that ut07 is going to run alot better than 50% stronger on dual cores since it was built ground up to take advantage of the dual core processors.

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
so, in games like ut the graphics card doesnt do sh!t compared to what the cpu does, if u have a bad graphic card but a great cpu u can still get decent frame rates but if u have a 7800GTX in there with a peice of crap cpu, ur not getting anything above single diget frame rates...so yes the cpu does not effect the graphics card but the graphics card is not the main player in games, and def not in ut which is massivly cpu dependant.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Draco73 said:
the graphics card is not the main player in games

You haven't played FEAR have you?
That gets gpu bottlenecking even with 2 7800GTX's at high resolutions.

Although your point about UT being more cpu orientated is correct :)

@ stas, Are you serious?

And Yes UE3 is Multithreaded. and therefore will work better on Multicore processers.

Wardad71

Dec 12, 2005
NW Indiana
www.thedamclan.com
Nice PC ya got there NIN26. (yes I envy you!)

The ONLY problem you may run into is trying to run some of the more GRAPHICLY INTENSE games like....

Monkey Island.... :eek:

Peace. :D

Last edited:

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
The_Head said:
You haven't played FEAR have you?
That gets gpu bottlenecking even with 2 7800GTX's at high resolutions.

Although your point about UT being more cpu orientated is correct :)

yeah i know about the FEAR thing, but u see i am a ut man at heart, and to be quite honest all i really give a crap about is ut lol. UT99, UT03, UT04. its basicly all i ever play, i rarely ever touch those other games cause they just dont give me that feel, and that fill of satisfaction like ut does...so when i talk about games i mainly talk about ut and i just disregard all other games cause there unimportant to me.

Last edited:

[MvT] Cracker

Dec 27, 2005
Well I'm going to wait untill they realease the specs u need to run ut 2k7 before i buy my high end pc already have money put away for this and i will keep adding to that

been looking at getting a pentium extreme edition dual core cpu
2 7800's 512
2 gb of ddr 2
maybe a gigabyte ga 8n sli quad so i can set up 4 video cards
or a nice new intel btx board for my nice thermaltake armor case

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
[MvT] Cracker said:
been looking at getting a pentium extreme edition dual core cpu
WHY WHY WHY!!!! lol AMD kills pentiums, especialy the dual cores. amd just flat out makes a better product...period. not to mention its cheeper

if you would like a read up on it this is a good one
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html?tag=lnav
goes from everything, like every day use, to games, to multitasking, to photo and video editing etc.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Cracker:

Please do not get a Pentium extreme edition dual core.

They are unbelievably pointless. They are hugely expensive and can't beat Dual Core AMDs at anything. Not even video encoding whih is usually the Pentium's strongpoint.

Get a DualCore AMD, you won't regret it.