John Romero is my Bitch!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
I just took a look at the Daikatana website and the screenshots of the game and have only this to say...
SUCK!!!!!
Wow blocky low-poly graphics. Looks almost worse than QuakeII. I predict that Ion Storm will take a bath on this one.
Romero needs to get back in touch with reality. In the meantime I will be playing a game with better graphics...like maby Jedi Knight

------------------
Ronnie Mervus will pay for his crimes!!!!
George Lucas, Give us Star Wars DVD! Or I swear I'll kill every ewok there is!!!

Malsar

Dec 24, 1999
Canada
Visit site
If Daikatana actually turns out to be a decent product, I will be utterly amazed. This game has "hyped-up-coaster" written all over it. Course, as far SINGLE player First Person Shooters go, there isn't much competition right now.

Jedi Knight still amazes me to this day. I remember thinking it was going to be alright but not great. Was I ever mistaken. Even today, that excellent RPG element Jedi Knight added to the 3D shooter has yet to be used to its fullest extent.

bullet2.gif

"Learn about art Captain. When you understand a species' art, you understand that species"
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

IGP.PiXel

Nov 10, 1999
members.home.net
If you check out the latest Daikatana movie (it was on incitegames.com) the graphics look pretty impressive - they managed to get in fog etc so it's a big improvement on most Q2 engine games. But... it's still basically so 'out of date' now that I wouldn't bother getting it. Shame, 'cause when it was first under development it looked really promising. I'll still be curious enough to get a demo tho /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Toolvana

RL hostage
Nov 24, 1999
Satellite of Love
www.toolvana.com
Anything less than perfect is totally unacceptable for a game that's been in development for 50 years! Okay, maybe I'm exagerating...but just a little bit...it's actually been more like 25. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Anyone remember those stupid ads from about 2 years ago? Those gave some pretty good inspiration for the folks at Ritual Entertainment when they made SiN. If you look at the bulletin boards in an office level in SiN, (SiNTEK chemical plant is a good example) you'll see those lovely newspaper clippings with the header Romero to be Elexis' Bitch

Now that's comedy!

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

Pope

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
wtf is John Romero?

bullet2.gif

Bless me Lord for I have sinned.
It has been one Quarter since my last confession.
During this Quarter I have fragged more than 7,000 people.

S

Selerox[PuF]

The guy has to face facts, any game that slips that far is NEVER going to make it. Remeber Prey?

For a game that was meant to be a rival to Quake2/Unreal, Diakatana is leaving it a bit late... (Wow, what an understatement!) /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

PuF: it just tastes better!

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Did Prey ever get released? I never saw it. Was it a straight to barginbin release?

Romero needs to suck it down. As it stands he will be competeing with Duke Forever when Daikatana releases. Hmm...dated QII engine with dull colors and no personality vs. DUKE!!!

I think we can see what the outcome will be. I cant wait to read the "whatever happened to?" article about John Romero next year.
Sadly there will be a few people who will let him coast on his name and buy the travesty. And Im sure it will be a mainstay at wallmart.
Remember Quake, Doom, their fans are downright religious. Im just happy when I have fun.

bullet2.gif

George Lucas, Give us Star Wars DVD! Or I swear I'll kill every ewok there is!!!

S

Selerox[PuF]

Prey was offically canned months ago.

Dispite that, PCGamer UK still talks about it as if it has just been delayed. But having said that, this is the same magazine, who were bribed by id to give Q3A a higher score than UT, and said that Q3A had better mods than UT!

bullet2.gif

PuF: it just tastes better!

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
Hey evryone This is fun. Why dont we all go to the ION Storm web-page, click on the feedback button and flame the hell out of those loosers.

-John Romero, We just dont want to hear it anymore. SHUT UP!!!

bullet2.gif