All Hampton roads Cox@home users

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
I don`t know if any of you on this forum are in this area. If so and you have noticed a slow down and ultra high pings, This might interest you(other areas might be having the same problem I don`t know).
Since I got cox@home I have seen a steady increase in my ping times, Tonight was the straw that broke the camels back. Pings in the 500-2000 range. I called Cox@home main tech center in Calif and finally got though to a level 2 tech there. He informed me and I quote" Due to the upgrade Cox@home is performing in this area all nodes are being routed though 1 main trunk line, this upgrade (he did not go into specific details, but hinted additional trunk lines being added) is supposed to be completed by the end of the mth. Because of the routing problem there will be a slight(right HAHA) increase in ping times. With the completion of the Upgrade the nodes will be split onto different trunk lines so our service should improve. Also stated because of the inconvience the caps are going to be removed, when asked for how long (Temp or permenent) he did not know. I know this is happening here from what I can gather some of you in other areas are having problems also, This might apply to your area also.If you have to call someone Don`t bother calling the local office(DAH is about all you will get) Call the main tech center in Calif, They seem to know their SXXT...

Hope this helps....

------------------
He Shoots..He Scores..He gets shot in the back

*Liquid*

Jan 11, 2000
Virginia
Roanoke,Virginia

This is definitely *not* what I wanted to hear, as Cox is now setting up cable modem service in this area. Is it really that bad?

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Well tonight I was playing with a 500-1500 ping time, hard to snipe at that for me since i`m usto 75-125`s. I`m just waiting for the end of this mth. When all the upgrades will be done.I can`t say wether you will have the same problem or not the tech said it was hampton roads area. But with all the new areas being put into service it just might. At first I just thought they were loading up the node I was on, but it turned out all the nodes are routed through 1 trunk line right now.

bullet2.gif

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
ya, give them time. when i first got cable last september (not @home, but anyways) things were great. then about 2 months ago, one night i got switched to a diffrent gateway,diffrent routers etc. from then on i couldnt play in the evenings anymore due to 400+ pings.

just yesterday the better routers got put back in and service is back to great. so in all likelyhood this kinda whats happening with yours.

slut

Jan 23, 2000
Visit site
my @home owns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i ping no more than 120 and pings as low as 20 on the east coast. i live in virginia beach and it freakin owns joo!!!

i never get high pings. NEVER

VaShooter

The Ol`e man is back
Jan 25, 2000
Chesapeake VA
Visit site
Well after 3 days of 400-2000 pings, talk about throwing your timing off more suicides then kills. HAHA .Finally got a tech to help test my gateway seems I`m pinging my gateway at 50-60ms UMMMMMMM should be around 5-15ms 25 at the worst...So now I have a legit problem so we now have a tech coming out to test and repair whatever is wrong here. Didn`t think a slower ping would hurt me that much, HAHA. I was so use to low pings my timings gone to HXXL....

bullet2.gif