Weapons at the ready.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
Um, noone ever said aiming from the hip was impossible. I believe I mentioned several times that, yes, of course it can be done, but that it's not done by armed forces. Why is it not done? - Because you can't aim effectively and thus (a) waste ammunition, (b) don't fulfill the usual purpose of firing a weapon (hitting a target) and (c) endanger third parties like your squadmates or innocent bystanders (not all combat is WW1-style trenchwars anymore).

There are four basic rules of weapon handling that exist in some form in all armed services I know of:

1) Every weapon is to be considered loaded until you have assured yourself personally of the opposite

2) Never aim a weapon at something you don't intend to destroy

3) Until you are sighting your weapon, the index finger remains outside of the triggerguard (off the trigger)

4) be sure of your target (know where you are aiming, what lies behind it and be ready for the unusual to happen)

These rules are not just peacetime rules to avoid range accidents, they are all-time rules of weapon handling to avoid accidents and unnecessary loss of life in any situation involving any type of firearm. Firing from the hip disobeys rule number 2 and completely ignores rules 3 and 4. I would personally kick anybody's ass who fired from the hip in my platoon, and I would make very sure they never, ever did it again, believe me. Shoveling some poor kid's brains off the ground to send home to his family just because some idiot thought he was pretty good at estimating his aim from the hip is too goddamn serious a risk to take.

This is a military mod. It should follow military rules of handling weapons. There's not really as much of an argument as some of you seem to think there is.

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
Then they should find something else to replace the hipshot... Maybe some semi aimed position (ideal to fire a scoped m16 at close range without the tunnel vision of the scope)...

I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
The war is not yet won

Dont' rest yet, Wolf! We still have the Infiltration team to deal with before we take our next step to realism.