Modding unreal to anaglyph 3d

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nameeman

Sep 5, 2009
Modding unreal to anaglyph 3d

Is there a way that it could be done?

I played 3dopenglquake recently and it got me thinking about how cool it would be to play (the original) Unreal with the red/blue glasses.

Just so you know what I'm talking about in case you don't:
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/anaglyph-stereo-quake

I know about UTIII in anaglyph.
I really like the single player fps games.

I also read about the special monitors.
They are expensive and nice but I am happy with red/blue stereoscopic.

I tried the new Nvidia stereoscopic drivers and was able to get half-life 2 episode 2 working with the 3d red/blue glasses.

It is really cool but didn't work with the Unreal game.

Has anyone ever thought about this?

nameeman

Sep 5, 2009
Ok first off, I'm an old school gamer. I like the classics, I finally figured out how to get 3d vision working for Unreal.
I loaded both games then patched them to UnrealGoldPatch227h for Gold, and UnrealPatch227fWin for classic. both can be found here:

http://www.oldunreal...ealpatches.html

When you first run the game choose "Direct3D9 Support"

From the Nvidia control panel I enabled advanced options and binded keys for convergence.

While in game I toggled the depth with "control+F4/F3" then adjusted the convergence to match.
If you bring the convergence too far out the main menu dissappears so just hold one of the buttons untill you see the menu again.
I didn't have $$$ to get the deluxe 3D vision box with the wireless glasses but you can enable Anaglyph and use the Red/Cyan glasses
Dollar General (the store where everything's a buck) sold the nice thick plastic rimmed ones there so i picked up a couple.

Hope this helps someone or maybe I'm the only one left who digs the classics...