UT3DOM - The (Unofficially) Official UT3 Mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Time for an update. :)

Progress is going good. A mappack will be released for any UT3DOM maps that won't eb finished by March 25. Also, I'm making a map for UT3DOM, well, two actually, a regular Domination map, and an Omega Domination map. :) I am also making an Unreal Tournament Monster Hunt map at the same time (MH-Valintron), with three different sectora, and with two other mods I am creating, and helping with Delacroix's Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack (the thread on BuF was lost in the 2008 crash, but the OldUnreal thread of it still exists), which is placing me in a situaton where I have to do one thing at a time. Why am I creating all these mods and helpign with Delacroix's you might ask? Well, UT3DOM was started in 2006, I helped Delacroix's Forgotten Classics BP in 2007, as well as starting BerzerkUT this year, and reviving my old RoninMastaMod for UTGOTY, and creating one for UT3 (the UT2003/UT2004 versions was canceled, the the 2004 version is uploaded to filefront).

Anyway, enough of that. Back on topic! :D

My new regular Domination map will be created by me and Lopar-XL, and the Omega Domination map will be by myself only. :)

Also, The Official UT3DOM forum is lacking members. ANYONE who is interested in UT3DOM, please sign up at the Meaaov Gaming Network. Go to the Unreal Tournament 3 section, then go itno the UT3 Domination Only Mod section. Note: once you're registered on Meaaov, you can access the entire forum, and check out other mods and other games as well. :)

Not much to say.

Take Care. :)

RoninMastaFX

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Sorry for the double post, but I got some extremely good/important news to tell you guys and gals:

The Mappers Final will be released soemtime on Easter Weekend (aka the weekend coming up :biggrin2:) The mappers final of UT3DOM "is" the final version of UT3DOM, except it icnludes no maps. THe mapppers will cook their maps onto of the Mappers Final. The version the public will be getting is the "Retail" Edition, which is the mappers final with maps. :D

The release date for the UT3DOM Base Mod is still April 10, 2008 (incase you're wondering). :)

Anyway, Once Easter Weekend approaches, I'll revamp the first post of the UT3DOM thread (and delete the second post, which is now technacly useless), to add information on UT3DOM, what it is, the gametype's included, the base mod info and the bonus pack 1 that's going to be included as well. :)

Take care, :)

RoninMastaFX

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Mappers Final is ready

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!! :D

The UT3DOM is now the Mappers Final. all devs and mappers for UT3DOM need to PM me ASAP for the download link on the RoninFTP. NOTE: YOU CANNOT LEAK THIS MAPPERS FINAL AT ALL!! That's what the gold edition is for. Btw, UT3DOM Gold Edition=Mappers Final+Maps. :D

Anyway, the release date is April 10, 2008. Mark your calendars! :D

Take care,

RoninMastaFX and the UT3DOM Crew! :D

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I hope this ends up being a hit. I miss Domination. This could very well be the thing to make UT3 exciting for me :p

Heh, I still have one of the sig images I made back in 2004, from when I was still playing in a UT community which no longer exists:

dominator.jpg

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
"Retail"? :con:
I thought the UT3 EULA forbids selling mods.

By retail he just means the public release... he got cared away with the wording.

@Wormbo...I really meant UT3DOM going gold. I have a minor speech impediment, so sometimes I don't say what I really mean. :lol:

But thnx for catching that though. ;)

@Mr. UglyPants

Thanks for explaing that to Wormbo about what I really meant. ;) :)

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Alright, I have some important news to tell everyone, so listen up! :)

First thign is first. I am upgrading from Windows Media Center Edition 2005 to Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit OEM. Peopel may be wondering why, and I'll tell you why: I know alot of tweaks for VIsta and Vista SP1 (even more), such as installign OpenGL, installing Glide (if the user has an old Voodoo 4/5), adding security tweaks, making the UAC less annoying (and actually do a decent job, instead fo askign me to do evetrything without having the UAC popup before sayign Yes and No xD), and a few more security tweaks as well. :) Vista SP1 will help out alot, fiing at least 1/5 of the issues with Vista, and addign a few new coompenonets, and optimizing it even further. :D

Anyway, the second thign is during my reformatting period, the RoniNFTP will be disabled until further notice. If you are a mapper or dev, and want to get the UT3DOM Mappers final, ask Mr. UglyPants for our coder's (Snake.PLiSKIN) MSN email, and he will give you the Mappers final. :)

And last but not least, I'll be makign a readme on how to build levels for UT3DOM. It'll include tips and hitns, suggestions, and an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide. :)

Take care,

RoninMastaFX

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
I think you guys should stick to DOM and DoubleDOM and support those gametypes to death. By releasing too many gametypes you'll split up an already small community and it will be nearly impossible to find people to play against online...

Agreed. The UT3 community is small to begin with, and mod communities are even smaller. To dilute your fanbase among this many gametypes is a mistake.

Also, a lot can be done on a map-by-map basis. Put CPs together for a King of the Hill type match. Use Kismet for objective-style play. Whatever. These other modes don't need to be separate gametypes.

Also, each Dom gametype should have a similar scoring magnitude. This may have hurt Dom in UT99. A standard Dom game is to 150 points, rather than 3 like in other team games. I'd suggest making all Dom games have some standard default score, like 100 or 150, rather than a different range for each gametype. In Domination, time is score, so you should keep the numbers similar across various ideas for Domination sub-games.

Also, no Domination game should have a translocator. Area control games shouldn't allow you to skip over space.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Or, here's a different idea: Score is a float by design. How about counting the minutes of control (at second precision, of course) as the score? 150 "second points" would correspond to 2.5 "minute points", which would be more consistent with the other gametypes.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
hmm i thought the points scored was dependent on the time anyway... like the more time you control the point, the more points you get?

oh yeah... like since you have your score as how many points per how many seconds or minutes... and then you have a set 'winning' score, which in effect means holding the points for long enough to get the winning score... which means just holding the points for long enough

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Well people, it's been a while since we updated the community with any kind of news, things have moved on a lot, and we have progressed quite a lot ever since, we hope to make a decent media release soon enough together with some more frequent updates to show off some of the progress made in the maps and so on, UT3DOM is shaping up pretty nicely, and it plays awesomely, i loved it back in the 99 days, and now i love it even more.

Keep tuned!