Scan of PC Gamer Supplement article (sample)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
This is in UNIX ppm format:
This is first two pages of the tutorial section. The first page shows the screenshot of early Queen(end) level with those strange movers/floating platforms and slightly different theme. The queen is also encased in a mover. Probably the actual fight happened only after doing something/beating other enemies like the skaarj which were shown in the pc gamer video.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Okay, two more pages here. Same format. Should be openable in adobe acrobat anyway. Try just renaming it to ppm and it should be one of the supported formats.
EDIT: It was supposed to be photoshop, not acrobat reader.
EDIT2: Whatever, apparently I can't be precise/concrete enough about this, its .ppm and I can't do a thing to change that, so this is all what I can offer right now.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Thanks, but jpg is always lossy, .png would have been a better alternative and if my laptop worked again I would have provided ones in .png either way. But whatever you want.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
A comment from zeurkous, who helped me scan the pages:

"JPEG is lossy by definition. Besides, pnm stuff (which includes ppm) is
plain and simple. JPEG, by contrast, is 'goverened' by a nebulous
specification emitted by the eponymous 'standards body'. Blegh."

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Other programs can open it as well, Irfan View for example.
zeurkous responds:

"You don't have to. netpbm -- the name is somewhat historical -- is
freely available. Besides, it is my understanding that windoze lusers
don't care about licenses."

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
zeurkous inquires:
"The expression 'please' is used to ask for something. What is your
request?"

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Sorry it should have been done better. Next time I'll just skip the trouble.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I didn't ask to fight someone's battles, but yet again I find myself being pulled into it. And again I find myself to be blamed. - not the full post I wanted to write but at least a part of it
zeurkous remarks:
"Ooh, looks like I stepped on a lamer's tiny dick. </lo wang voice>"

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Leo, there is no battle, there is no blame. I use ACDSee Pro 8 - a pretty robust and powerful image software - and couldn't open the files. .ppm is a relatively obscure format and while it may be superior to .jpeg, is not easy for most people to work with.

I (we) appreciate the trouble you took in scanning these however. gopostal as well; thanks for making these easily accessible.

I'm not sure if it is wise to be zerkous's voice here either. If I had a friend who said things like that, I would tell them to register and post that crap themselves.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Except we live together and also I wouldn't want my account to be banned if he got banned again or at least the IP adress although I'm sure he could do something about that. I'm posting his response for the final time now. I include it from a file he writes it in and insert it into the post.
zeurkous responds:

"1. BMP is also an obscure format, and I don't complain when a windoze
luser posts stuff in that, either.
2. Leo_TCK is not my voice. He simply relays these messages for me."

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
And I'm relaying this message: as long as you can't promise zeurkous to stop trolling, I'll be keeping this thread locked. Any similar one will be deleted. If you can promise this thread will contain civil and mature comments (even from zeurkous), I'll be unlocking it. It's an interesting topic to some of you, so don't ruin it with petty comments.

There you go. Life can be so simple sometimes, can't it?

Edit: Deleted the pictures gopostal posted. By request.

Last edited: