If you died, would anyone care?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would someone care?

• Yes, of course, what's wrong with you?

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Nope, nobody likes me

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • No, no one knows I exist

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I'm already dead

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Originally posted by FireSlash
care? no.

im just a tiny insignificant blip in the world. my actions are irrelivent, and i im used onyl as a scapegoat and work horse. if im forced into a group of 4 people, i do the whole project, because i care about my grade, they do not. i am not cared about, and noone would care if i did not do the work, as they do not expect it, yet do not congradulate it, nor care. online, noone would even notice if i just dissapeared. my parents pretend to care.

noone in this world actually cares for me. they might know me,. be friends with me, and talk with me, but not go as far as caring. if i fall sick, noone would come to my bedside, except to administer medicine and check ups. my parents care little of my talents (the few i possese) and have done nothing to nurture them.

so, no. noone would really care if i died.

Hey, cheer up buddy
sten1pinkgreen.gif

I've felt the same way recently. I felt like nobody in the world cared, and nothing I did was worth anything to anyone. I also thought that I was disliked and everyone wanted me to die. But when some of my friends explained to me what I'm truely worth and how much they valued me, I realised that I wasn't so bad afterall.:)

And about your parents: they don't pretend to care; why would they put a roof over your head and food for you on the table? Would they pay for your schooling? Would they let you use the computer and pay the phone bills you crank up for the internet? My parents do that and much more, and I've never doubted they they care about me. You probably just think that they don't care right now because from the looks of it, you are going through some troubling times at the moment, and when you go through these times, you tend to think of everything negatively. Believe me, I can tell. I've been there, and am still there, but right now I'm sorta at an "air pocket" which gives me a glimpse of what things will be like when I get through this mess.

Here, come and post in The BuF Manor, tell Zenda about what's bothering you, and I can guarentee he'll make you feel significantly better:). Just look what he said for me earlier:tup: He could be like the BuF Psyciatrist:D

And I'm sure a lot of people here would care if you died... hell you've got one of the coolest looking avatars!:D:tup:
Hope you feel better soon, and seriously talk to Zenda, PM him or something... he's really cool and always has a kind, posetive word to offer:):tup:

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
I DO have friends, but they are kinda mad at me now (plus they are all sadists, so it wouldn't be too big of a deal)
To quote a wise six year old, though:

"I'm yet another resource consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Madison Avenue and Hollywood, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak."

'Nuff said.

P.S. Name that six year old (not that hard)

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Karp, here's the question: if you quit coming here (perhaps you died, perhaps you didn't) would you be missed? Yes. If you died we might not know about it, but reguardless you'd be missed, we just wouldn't know the details of why you were gone. Obviously this isn't the same feeling a friend or family member feels when they lose a loved one though.

Da RicK

Stubid newpie
Apr 26, 2001
Next to Santa
I wasn't serious, i know i'll be missed in places

It's just a fascinating question (to me) how people would react if i would die

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
Originally posted by TWD
Here's a little thought that you might find...disturbing.

You could die, and we at the forums would never know. Heack I bet that at least one BuF that has been missing for all these years might be dead.

I seem to remember a regular on the boards did die in an auto accident, round about the time I registered.

If any of the EuroLAN guys died we would notice

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Originally posted by mute
TheWraith.

There was someone else too who had a stroke but i didn't know them well... *me thinks hard*

I was about to post that. I think it was his sister that got on and posted to tell us. If I remember right, he died of a heart attack.:(

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I got my first avy when I was 200 or so years old :D
Who'd care?
Let's see.;

Sniffy the frog
Pluffy the dog
Quicky the duck
Poopy the monkey...

Close friends.. :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Actually noone here on buf would know... I dissapear a lot .. well It has been one of my hobbies the last couple of months.. :)
but I always came back :D

What if I don't :-I see.. that's what I'm talking about.