If Unreal Warfare was pay-per-play, would you still p(l)ay it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

If Unreal Warfare was pay-per-play, would you still p(l)ay it?

• Yes, a really good game is worth a monthly fee.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I would like to, but I can't afford it.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • No, there are lots of other, free games out there, so why pay?

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
I play Ultima Online at least once a week, I've got a character I've been building for a year, been paying for 2 now... I loved that game because if I had a problem I could call in somebody to help me with it, there was always a counselor around somewhere on the server I play on, and it was enjoyable for the most part, even on my crappy 56k connection... the only problem was the 10 bucks a month...

Now, if they make the game PferP I'd try it out for the first month... if I didn't like it, I'd throw it into my dust pile...

Now, if they made it so there was a giant community of people, the ones that play... the ones that are monitored, the servers are stabile, and the gameplay is fantastic, you'd bet I'd be there... but also, what if they also released the server source\software so you could start up a server, link it to the main server, so your clan would have a place to meet in comfort, play in comfort with people you know, and people you trusted... I would also play, if they made it so that you could set a certain... let's call it... 'level' of play, so that the 1337 players couldn't own the n00bs, so the n00bs would get a chance to rise up to the same... again here's that word... 'level' that the 1337 players are at... I would also play...

Then again, I'd play it if was an enjoyable game anyway... I didn't start playing Ultima Online because There was the possibility's of killing dragons, the possibility of owning a house ingame, amassing a huge amount of wealth... no, I played the game to have a bit of fun... to tell ya the truth I've killed only 4 or 5 dragons ingame... I've seen one balron(one of the two toughest baddies) and it killed me with two swift kicks to the groin... The reason I played the game was the fact that I could be something I couldn't in real life... if they did that with UW then I'd pick the game up for simple principal...

sorry, but if I don't enjoy a game I won't play it, if I do, I'd pay to play...

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Cypher:

MMO Game = Massive Multiplayer Online Game. "Massive" means: Several thousand players on the same server at the same time!

You could think of various business models for an MMO game, but essentially Verant, who kinda created the genre with the two most successful MMO games ever ("Ultima Online" and "Everquest") defined the business model and all other MMO games copied it:

Pay-per-play usually means that you pay a fixed sum per month to have access to the server. The server software is not public. All servers for the game are owned by the company that made the game. You also can't play offline; the game is online playing only.

Status
Not open for further replies.