Titanfall

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I managed to get it for $40 by using a proxy glitch on the Origin store. Going to be playing it at midnight :)

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Let me know how this is, I've been seeing lots of commercials about it lately. But I told myself no new games until I get GRiD and Rage running on one of my computers.;)

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It's pretty damn fun. I did better playing last night than I did the night before, so I feel good about that. Even if you're on a losing team, you feel like you've done something productive. Definitely worth the purchase (got it the same way RJ did for $40).

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Aye it's pretty good. Deathmatch (attrition?) sucks, but I had some fun with domination last night. The load out system is a little confusing, and I feel like they could've gone a lot further with this game, introducing game modes like onslaught and assault from UT2004. The titans are very cool and fun, but the tiny maps just hinder their massive potential. They control a lot like Hawken mechs.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
...They control a lot like Hawken mechs.

If only they had the jetpacks :D

Also, being used to dodging by double-tapping the movement keys, [hello 2K4] this 'dashing' by using the jump key is less than intuitive.
I assume they did it this way because of people using controllers although surely double clicking the analogue stick would be easier than pressing yet another button.

On a related, 'too many buttons' note why the fuck does 'pick up weapon' need its own key? Why not just have it on the 'use' key like everyone else.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
I'm Trynant on Origin if anyone is keen on buddying up for this game.

Titanfall has some good stuff going on. The acrobatics while on foot are really neat in a game with the CoD-style gunplay, and the asymmetric Titan-versus-Pilot mixed with the hordes of minion bots creates a really neat dynamic.

That being said, I'm still wanting a next-gen FPS that uses creative weapons/vehicles and a large arsenal of weapons/abilities rather than the boiled-down "four or less equipped guns at a time" approach all the shooters seem to take these days. Titanfall is still carrying those Call of Duty vibes from the gunplay to the leveling systems to the arcadey, military FPS style.

Still pretty good!

EDIT: Also I sent a bunch of friend requests to some of you random BuF folks.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The lack of team scramble / random teams in this game is extremely laughable and redundant.

Basically 4 lobbies out of 5 are a team of skilled players using voice com against anther team composed of random people. And perhaps they think this is no problem?

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-patch-update-two

NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Private Match (beta) - This is the first public test of our new Private Match mode. This gives you a way to organize matches with and against your friends, for casual or tournament play. Some features are unfinished or not yet implemented, and we welcome your feedback. A few highlights:

• Private Match supports 2 to 12 players, with 1 to 6 players on each team.
• You can start a new Private Match lobby by choosing it on the main selection screen (alongside Campaign, MP, and Training). Invite your friends in or have them join you at any time.
• Choose any of the game's maps or modes (CTF, Pilot Hunter, etc.) to play in.
• Choose which team you're on.
• There is no XP gain, challenge progress, or achievement unlocking while in a Private Match. For this beta, the Last Game Summary screen will display what you would have earned in normal play outside of Private Match, but be aware that this progress will not be recorded to your lifetime total.
• For this beta, there is no concept of a "lobby leader"; any player can change game options in the lobby or start/stop the match countdown.
• All Private Match games are still played on dedicated servers via Xbox Live Cloud Compute, just like normal matches.
• New options like round time, score limits, and much more will come in future updates.

Party Colors - Your party members and their titans now show up on the mini-map with green colors, instead of the normal blue colors that other friendlies use. Their names are also drawn in green on your HUD, the obituary text, and in the pre-game lobby. This helps you figure out where your friends are and what they're up to, especially in the heat of combat.

Auto-Titan Color in Obituary - Your auto-titan's name now shows up in the obituary with the gold color that your own name does. Previously it had the same blue color as any other friendly. This makes it easier to keep tabs on how your titan is doing.

Removed Wall-hack Exploit - PC cheaters were able to modify their local configuration files to enable a sort of wall-hack cheat using legit game code. We've closed the exploit that they were using.

Menu Changes - "Play Multiplayer" is now the default (top) option on the private lobby menu, if you've completed both the IMC and Militia campaigns. It has also been renamed from "Play Classic", since the term "classic", which we used internally, proved to be confusing to some players.

Game Version on Main Menu - The main menu now displays the game's version in the bottom-left corner. Now you don't have to wonder if you really do have the latest version of the game, and we can use that to double-check things if support is helping you troubleshoot issues.

A lot more info at the link.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Anyone else got the unpacking audio window prompt after installing the new patch?