EPIC: Idea's And Must Haves Ingame

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
worse still, they shoot right through fog, and they always know where you are and know when they can shoot and hit you... so deviating from botpaths on single player games (so that none of your teammates are following you) would just be asking to be sniped by bots...

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
In the next ut, I'd like to see dodgejumping removed, or toned down, but, to still keep the gameplay fast and furious, just have the players themselves run about 15% faster.

This way, players can't just suddenly and without warning jump to the other side of the room, but can still be fast and unpredictable by zigzagging (15% faster now) and using regular dodges.

Keep the walldodges though (maybe beef them up a bit even).
:cool:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Majik- said:
I say can the whole adrenaline system...it's just silly. I prefer pickups.

About the melee weapons, no. They should keep the UT and UC franchises apart, but I wouldn't mind seing an alternative melee weapon included as a mutator (like the UT chainsaw).

Ummmm! Since UT i've been asking for Mellee combat in an unreal game, i'd rather not have to buy a console to get at it if you don't mind. Fine keep the franchises apart but i still want mellee weapons, even if they do get a seperate gametype. (An unlikely request but still.)

(Still kinda bugged about the UC2 traitorship, it's like your favourite programme airs a new series but on a new channel and you have to pay for a whole new cable provider to be able to watch it!)

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
carmatic said:
then thats a bot problem, not a people problem... like the AI is lame for not recognizing the invisibility adrenaline, and the adrenaline system in general was kinda sad too...

How can the AI be lame? That's a "humans only" .. "quality".

It's simply the person who's designed the AI his "fault".

Johndoe said:
Sure you can Neo, there's a stock mutator called NoAdrenaline, or something like that in the game that well... you know. :D

No, I don't. I've played the UT2004 demo for a while and that's it.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
About the melee weapons, no. They should keep the UT and UC franchises apart, but I wouldn't mind seing an alternative melee weapon included as a mutator (like the UT chainsaw).

Being able to hit with your gun would be cool.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
NeoNite said:
How can the AI be lame? That's a "humans only" .. "quality".

It's simply the person who's designed the AI his "fault".

No, I don't. I've played the UT2004 demo for a while and that's it.
Then you're hardly in a position to talk about the real game which actually comes with the complete code, mutes maps and gametypes, eh?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It just makes me wonder...
How on earth can the AI be lame?

If "they" miss out on something, or don't use something to it's proper use.. "blame" the coder I suppose ?

Like I've said before. I wonder when the AI will finally be so polished, so "perfect" it'll be able to use all game items on the right time, and in the right manner.

Do UT2004 bots see you when you're "invisible"?
I bet they do?
If so, they shouldn't right?
So who's to blame in such case?

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
AI should be reworked
i have seen bots shoot from thier sides
sniper rifle in UT was good the UT2K4 one sucks ass
lightning gun i can pick ppl off with headshot when they are in a vehicle sniper rifle doesn't even kill, canty correct aim because u cant see where the hell the bullet went (scope useless for the correction)