Airsoft On Long Island

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Papos-x

He's the sweetest. Just never cross his path.
Jun 25, 2001
Somewhere
Visit site
Does anybody know of a good place to play airsoft near or on long island!!!

Please

The cops keep interfering with our games in our yard!!!

EDIT::

Tonight we were playing airsoft in the backyard and all of a sudden The VrrC's parents come down the driveway to tell us to put everything away quickly because the police were out front. But the cops told us to bring out all the guns. And we did but by the time we got outside there were 3 cop cars outside one unmarked and two marked. He told us to pack everything up. Meanwhile the kids next door were smoking weed.

Now thats justice for ya!!!!!11

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Without being an ass, go ask anywhere in any airsoft forums if a yard is an appropiate area and everybody will tell you thats the WORST place that you can play. Play on paintball field or private land where you CAN NOT be seen. If I didn't know you, I would tell you that you got what you deserve. :| Sorry bud. :(

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
Having your weapons seen by the general public=bad. People are stupid and will get scared. You need to go upstate.... er, i thought airsoft was outlawed in NY??? the ATF only requires the tip be orange, but i thought there was a state law for it...

Ranger 223

MS Paint Pimp
May 26, 2002
it's only illegal in certain parts of new york. Use your head though man, dont play in the yard...

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Did they confiscate them or what? What exactly was their grounds for hassling you? If they're not illegal in your area I would have told the cops to take a freakin hike if I were your parent/the land owner... If someone complained they need to come check it out, but once it is established it is airsoft on private property with permission the cops need to drop it and get lost...

Last edited:

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Sweep, those are ****ing replicas. If I didn't know that airsoft was existing and saw my neightbour playing with restricted firearms in their backyard, I would surely call the cops. It IS unsafe to do that and it was about sure that the cops would come.

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Like I said, they come check it out if someone calls it in, that's fine. But when it's established it is airsoft they need to back off. It isn't clear here what action the cops took after they figured it out, which is why I asked how it went down.

This is still America, you can damn well do what you want in your backyard as long as it's legal, I don't care if it's politically correct or not. And any idiot observing the teens playing in their own damn backyard could pretty quickly tell they weren't shooting real guns at each other... My neighbors didn't freak out, my brother and I used to shoot ours for target practice and such in our parents backyard all the time... One of the main places we play is basically in a large backyard, it's also the local paintball area. That said you don't exactly go walking through the local mall with airsoft, but playing in your wooded backyard is not grounds to get hassled....

We have had cops come run us off county owned land one time (middle of nowhere) we were technically trespassing on. Came there knowing it was paintball or airsoft, they thought our guns were cool, no biggie. We now play on private fields...

Still stands that unless airsoft ws illegal in the area of the original poster the cops needed to kiss off once they learned they were airsoft... Now as I asked before, what did they do? Do they know it's airsoft but they keep coming around multiple times hassling you guys, original post suggests they "keep interferring"? I'd be pissed about that provided it's legal in the area (heck I'd be pissed about it being illegal too...) Maybe you or the parents there need to find out who keeps calling it in to the cops and reason with them a bit. Unless the space we're talking about is too small or too open to be safe for the neighbors from errant bbs they need to back off too...

Last edited:

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
I think that our view of the sport are different because of our location. Airsoft is nor legal, nor illegal around here, its in a grey area of the law so the number one rule that we have to keep in mind while playing here is : Don't **** around with them. Don't go in your yard with them, don't even show them through windows because anybody can call the police and they CAN confiscate and destroy your gun. Airsoft is more like a privilege that you mustn't screw over here.

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
That sucks... The "land of the free" here is headed that way fast, hope it doesn't get that bad though. Pisses me off just thinking about it, lol...

Last edited:

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Eh? In Canada? Possibly..but showing them through your window? **** that Ill put a big sign on them saying "OMFG I got this sweet as P90 and all attachments for 700 bucks!" Most people will think its a toy if you have an orange tip on it...and Canadians dont jump to conclusions as much as Americans ;P ....damn I want to get into airsoft...

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
We don't need stinky orange tips in canada, nor trademarks removal. Thats why its WAY better here than in the US. I saw an orange tipped gun on the field once and god dammit its ugly like HELL. Really kills the whole purpose of airsoft, looking realistic. :)

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
ShrapNL said:
We don't need stinky orange tips in canada, nor trademarks removal. Thats why its WAY better here than in the US. I saw an orange tipped gun on the field once and god dammit its ugly like HELL. Really kills the whole purpose of airsoft, looking realistic. :)

I don't know anyone who leaves the orange on, and I've not heard of anyone hassled about it myself... Mine came with a plastic throwaway orange flashhider on it in the box, along with the original un-painted one unattached. You can guess how long it took to swap that, hehe. The trades however are a little annoying, WGC removed them on my M733, I thought they would only temporarily cover them... So ya'll have it better from that end, but if you truly fear for your gun being confiscated everytime you take it out that kinda ruins it though :(

Last edited: