Loading Time

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dj_spazz

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
Whenever i load up UT, it takes like 5-8 minutes to get to the console, during this time only the UT splash screen is up. Is this normal?

Skin

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
It is for me and it makes me very upset but I guess it isn't all to bad, it helps me do the laundry, dishs, wash the dog, mow the lawn, wash the car, and come back with a snack in my hand before the game starts up. You just got to use that loading time wisely.

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Removing the Intro movie might help.
open your UT.ini and on the line that says
LocalMap=Cityintro.unr change it to
LocalMap=Entry.unr

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ripper069

Feb 8, 2000
Visit site
Wacky is right, also bump up your cache some in UT to about 50% of your RAM. (this helped me) Make sure you have everything closed before you start UT. (Ctrl + Alt + Del all except Explorer and systray should be closed)

Hope this helps... /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"Where Ever You Go, There You Are" Thunderdome

Azmo

ul+ra l33+
Mar 27, 2000
Netherlands
spazz, could you give us your system specs? the problem may be caused by lack of RAM or a very slow HD.

bullet2.gif

disgust.gif
Don't make me kick your bud...

epoch

Mar 27, 2000
Chicopee, MA, USA
not to bust in on the thread but im having very similar problems. im runnig a p3-550 with 128 mmb of RAM, DiamondMM v770D 32mb on a 19gb HD and the game cant seem to get past 40fps with all settings low or turned off

cxs

Jan 15, 2000
I hear the game loads faster if you use the "No CD Patch." I haven't checked it out, but you may wanna try it if nothing else works. You should be able to find it at www.Game Copy World.com (no spaces).