Moving to Portland, OR

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Any Portlanders still kickin' around here? I'll be moving in March or April. So long San Diego!

PineConeBoy? Let's jam man!

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Damn. You know, I went over to London a couple of years ago, and while I was there I got to meet Zenda irl. We jammed guitars and made a few recordings, was pretty rad. One of the coolest dudes for sure.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
I'm visiting portland for another two days... Then back to Reno.

My best advice, wait until the rainy season is over before you move to Portland. It's not the best city to move in during the winter months. I've moved there twice during the winter. If you move wait until the rain is over. (March/April are rainy season months).

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Must... resist... linking the... Portlandia... sketch... link... Feck it!

My best advice, wait until the rainy season is over before you move to Portland. It's not the best city to move in during the winter months. I've moved there twice during the winter. If you move wait until the rain is over. (March/April are rainy season months).

I've always got the impression that Portland, Seattle, etc can be very gloomy, weather-wise. That's saying something coming from someone from Manchester!

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
That pacific dumps cold gloomy cloudy moisture into the pacific northwest nearly all year long save for a few months in the summer heh. Portland gets about 10" of rainfall more a year than Manchester, however both areas get a decent amount of rain (30in vs 40in).

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Well, my bad boss lady didn't take the job, because it wasn't a good enough offer. And honestly, I've been making money playing music with some cool people here in San Diego. I don't think I'll ever move...