UT99 Mouse Issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
Hello guys,
Finally getting UT99 to work on my computer. But the mouse movement is so sluggish and feels laggy. It is unresponsive unless I make jerky movements with the mouse. I have a Logitech g500 gaming mouse.
I have tried adjusting all the 'input' options, like mouse smoothing, mouse sensitivity. its not the sensitivity that is the issue, it doesn't detect minute movement for some reason.

Note: this does not occur in the menu. the mouse is responsive , smooth and sensitive.

driver says: videodriverclassname. it precaches, not exactly sure. don't want to mess with it too much since its finally working on the newer machine. its also in a window only.
Computer specs:
windows 7 64bit
asus z68
16gb ddr3 ram
GeForce 670
asus xonar sound card
500gb storage.

thanks for any suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
UPDATE:
I just switched over drivers to software rendering from direct 3d it was on and its working. I think the textures aren't as good , but its so much better. no mouse issue.
I wonder how 3dfx glide would do..

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
You misunderstand. Not the drivers for windows.
The renderers are for the game.
The original UT DirectX 5, Win98 renderers cannot open the large textures we now use in modern maps.

You are using DirectX 11 and a modern card, so also using the new UT renderers, will use the new functions, allowing it to look and run better.

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
I switched over to openGL and it looks nice. thanks for your help im checking out your links.
Do people still play much online? usually cant find much, maybe a server or two.
used to play on "pluribus" server that was awesome.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Yes there are plenty of people still playing.

Look for the section "Unreal Tournament Servers" and you will find some game trackers, and instructions on how to add more "master-servers" to UT

The "forum Directory" in my sig, is currently collecting all the working sites and servers into 1 place.
www.ut99.org is also very useful. you should sign up there aswell.

recycledsoul

Aug 11, 2011
thanks for the info. I cant find many populated servers. the ones I joined were incredibly laggy and started with all weapons. I used to play DM about 12 years ago. I liked the servers with 32max players. id consider renting a server if enough people would play vanilla DM