Building a bike.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
*UPDATE* SHE IS COMPLETE! - Building a Bike.

Hey everyone! Been awhile since I made a post, but this is pretty cool. I'm building a bike! I'm almost done and I'm pretty psyched about it, though it's been hell getting **** going. The first frame that was sent was damaged in shipping, the first set of wheels I was sent had the wrong hubs, and I had three companies that stated they had a crankset in stock and email me that they didn't, but all in all it's coming together.

bikeunfinished.jpg

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I'll be getting the headset pressed together and everything cut and set at the right size, (gotta cut the fork so that it's not 10" out of the front bracket). She's gonna be pretty legit. Gatorskin tires on Vuelta track comp rims.

This will definitely make my leg feel better, tore my ACL a year ago, had reconstructive surgery and it's never been really as good because of the lack of biking. Hopefully I can bring the leg back to good condition and start skiing again!

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I saw the thread title and was hoping it'd be referring to motorcycle construction, but still, cool stuff. Hope your recovery goes well.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Hehe, it's a freespeed, but I'm pretty far from a hipster. I was originally planning a multigear bike, but for a derailleur, 3-cog crankset, and a 10cog rear cassette, I was looking at about an extra $500 minimum, for the cheapest decent stuff, (700$ extra for the ones I wanted). That would have costed me over $1000 to build. Currently she's standing at about 600-650$ and a few sixpacks of beer.

SHE IS COMPLETE!

bikekc.jpg

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Sorry but why white? White just shows the grime and filth so much easier if you happen to neglect it for a couple days. White vehicles, white shoes, white shirts, never buy white.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Nice Mav. I'd put bar ends on as well. Very handy when crashing ;)
Aslo nice to have a choice of position on a long ride, fnarr fnarr, etc.

Last edited:

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Bar ends are for mountainbikes, and are clunky and in the way when squeezing through tight areas though. I'm actually going to cut another inch off each side of the handlebars soon. :eek: