UT3 Server browser issue solution.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
If you ever encountered a problem where server in Favorites, History or main window show 9999 ping, then you might be interested to know how to fix this. Here's what a thread on UTForums recommends:

1. Some of my Favorites or History servers show as "9999"

Issue: This was the original issue from several weeks ago, which turned out to be the result of a UT3 game server being restarted using a new GameSpy account (OwningPlayerId), which causes all players who have previously added that game server under the old GameSpy account number to no longer be able to see it.

Resolution: Players must remove and re-add UT3 game servers from their Favorites that show as "9999" to requery the updated account number.

2. Some servers still show as "9999" in Favorites, History, and the main Servers list

Issue: This was the continuing issue encountered by cRaZyLaDy*SIG* despite having reinstalled UT3 and removed and re-added the problematic UT3 game servers from her Favorites list, which results from the game client being unable to issue ICMP pings to some game servers when run on operating systems that require Administrator privileges to do so (i.e., Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Linux).

Resolution: UT3 must be run as Administrator.

WGH

Jan 22, 2006
Moscow, Russia
wgh.ath.cx
Well, you posted it, and that means Epic now has one more excuse to not fix the bug. Thank you very much.

P.S. I'm talking about the second one

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
That's not really a bug. The game's just trying to do something that requires administrator privileges

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Well, you posted it, and that means Epic now has one more excuse to not fix the bug.
Or the other way around since it got the attention beyond that thread. Also, I see the option of this workaround or fix reaching public as better one, than people giving up playing or servers closing cause people think they're offline.

WGH

Jan 22, 2006
Moscow, Russia
wgh.ath.cx
That's not really a bug. The game's just trying to do something that requires administrator privileges
If you read the thread on their forums you'd see that there is a way to do the same without administrator privileges. UT3 uses "the wrong way" with certain servers for unknown reason. Also it's a regression: it wasn't like that two months ago.

They wouldn't have fixed it anyways. Be happy you got a workaround.
And what if they would? I won't just suppose they would or wouldn't. I'll do my best to make it fixed.

Last edited: