The Starship Eternaty : The Next Mission

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Captain's log Stardate 25559.155

Finally happy news!
This morning we recieved a weak subspace signal containing a temporal signature. It's orginator was Admiral Cascade!
He called for help and said that he his well. However it seems DeeperShade is unconcious. Therefor, if we are able to send an awayteam Doctor Merlin should come with us.
It seems that the Admiral spend the last week working for a primitive computer company getting money for building a temporal transeiver. Ingenious! Btw, weeks? How can that be possible? Since his disappearence only 5 days passed here. There must be some kind of time differential. If I only knew more about temporal phsyics.
I hope that the Admiral doesn't interfere to much with the time line. That least I want is a visit of the Temoral Police.

I havn't received a word from the team on m0tard VI yet. They started 5 hours ago, and I begin to worry a bit

Supplemental

I nearly finished my work on Vortex's android body. I went down to Engineering to get a mirco fusion reactor to power it. But in the incredible mess down there I only found an old combustion engine. So I installed it.
However this also creates some disadvantages I have yet to fix. The engine is very loud and creates deadly fumes. It also needs an ancient fuel known as "gas". I managed to replicate a bit, but it is very unstable.
The most important part I need as a positronic brain, and I have no idea where to get one

-out-

Merlin|BuF

Magically Delicious
Nov 3, 2000
Edmonton Alberta CANADA!
Visit site
doc's log
startdate: Beats me

YAH Deepershade is unconcious. Wait wait it shouldn't start like that.
<erasing>
yeeehaaaaaaa Deepershade is unconcious. I get to go on a away mission as soon as we figure out how to travel through time.... that doesn't sound very hopeful ohhh well. Maybe I'll get a laser gun :D I hope I get a laser gun ohh yah I should start getting medical supplies ready for the trip.

hmmmmm....now where was that laser gun again?

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Admiral CaSCaDe's log stardate 24-02-2001 14:30

as i am still working @ this stupid program for this fecked up company bill gates again gave me a compliment on my work, i still cant remember where i heard that name before, all i know is that he just a ARSERAMMINGBUTTFUNGES!. Geeze he keeps telling me i am going to be a major in His company. Who the feck does he think he is? the 0wner of microsoft or something?
oh well i am going to get of this place soon enough.

i have been able to get yet an other one of htese "freezers" and have got a nice supply of beer to home with me when they come and rescue me.
IF they come rescue me. i still havent got a message or even a signal that the eternaty got my message, also i am not sure if the temporal field frequentie came true.

to make sure that they get my message i again shall try to repair the beacon, i gotta try and make the sending time longer because the previous attemp take less time to burn out then i had hoped. Instead of lasting 2 hours it only lasted about 1, oh well atleast its longer then half an hour.

to create a more powerfull beacon that i can use to send message to the eternaty i have decided to try and addept some of the systems here in the main "microsoft" building where they keep the servers. its cool and it has the advantage of almost a thousant super cray computer to help me get the message tru. if i'm lucky i willl be able to communicate with the eternaty tru my combage that i still carry.

also i noticed some of my collegeus are acting a bit wierd against me. i wander why. i tried to talk to some of them but all they could say to me was that i was a "ass-kisser" what ever that may be.
only one of the people that work here is very friendly to me, sowe talk once in a while.
he seems to have no problem with me being "the favorite worker" of the chief. he himself is very klever to for a guy of this century. i think we might be friends if could stay a bit longer, but i am still hoping for a fast rescue by my former shipmates. he also asked me about the inplants, i dont know why, but i think he likes them. offcourse i couldnt tell him what they ae so i convised him that it are pieces of "body art", he immediatly asked where he could get them. i told hime that they are very excusive and teht you can get them every where and that the guy who did mine doesnt want to be know. i hope he bought it.

also there is still no progress in deepershades condition, i fear i might loose him if i dont get him to a hospital very fast but i am reluctant to leave hi in the hands of these barbarian butchers who call them selfs docters.
all i can do is hope for the best and keep working on that improvised hypospray.

in addition to my work on the new "monopoly program" as bill gates calls it (damn why cant i remeber where i heared that) i have some spare time cuse i work almost 5 times faster thn those other morons workin on it, so i asked if i could get acces to the server room to do soe maintenace.
It was no probleme @ all because they must see that i am skilled enough to do it. what the hell am i saying? i am the only one around here that is skilled enough to do this kinda work! all the other asses thet think they can do it always screw up so i gotta go in to fix it.

when i entered the server room with my temporal beacon an alarm went of and it scard teh hell outa me! was i discovered? but the only thing was that because of my inplant the alarm system though i was smuggling a bom in.. hrfm a bom.... how primative.
what do they think i am? a spy or something? well in way thats true, but i'm not telling them!
anyways, i am in the server room now hooking up my beacon to the main terminal. lets hope this works.

<cracling noize>

EURIKA!!!!! it works! now to test it!

"CaSCaDe to any crew member on the eternay, please respond."

<waiting>

"CaSCaDe to any crew member on the eternay, please respond."

<some more waiting>

"Common guys! answer me!"

<even more waiting>

damn, may this thing doesnt work after all.
i will set it to send a automated message

<start recording>

this is Admiral CaSCaDe, if any body hears this plaese respond, i have been able to hook the temporal beacon i made to a giant compuer in order to make this relay my message tru a subspace band, i will reroute this signal to my combage so that if you hear this you will be able to respond.

<short silance>
and oh yeah, GET ME OUTA HERE!!!!!!!

<stop recording>

and again all i can do now is wait for a reply.

-.. Admiral CaSCaDe out.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Captain's log Supplemental

We received another transmission through time from the Admiral. This time it was way more powerful. With my limited knowledge of communications I managed to send back a signal on the excact opposite frequency to cross the time barrier backwards, using his signal as tracer.
I'm not sure if he got the message but here is what I told him:
"This is Captain 8472 to Admiral Cascade. We got your transmission and are preparing a rescue mission. An away team will be send to you as soon as we recover a teleporter disk from the m0tards. Ah...that's another story...[transmission interrupted, temporal rift collapsed]"

I hope we can get him back soon. Altought he has access to the newest technology of this time it still remain a babaric and cruel world. A chapter of mankind's history better forgotten.

There is still this temporal differential that worries me. It seems that for each second passing here, 1 hour is passing in Cascade's timeframe. How is this possible? :confused:

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
First Officer's Log, Stardate : 23512768.43

We have decided on a plan to capture a m0tard, using a holographic projection of Kilham, so we are now adjusting the shuttle deflector to emit a holographic beam.
I have sent a progress report to 8-4-7-2, as he is probably worried not to have heard from us for a while.
I am preparing to beam abourd the lambda flyer, to do battle with the m0tard who has it. I intend to battle him with guns, as i believe he is heavily armed from our scans.
Kilham thinks i can kick some ass though, and he's let me borrow his new goo gun he made, so that should come in useful. well, gotta go do battle now.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Chief Engineer Lt.Commander RizMan's Log, stardate 45647.56

Finally, we managed to capture one of these x-locs with Kilhams plan. I was sure this would work. Now, we gotta get the Lambda flyer back. I hope this won't take to much time, as I got a message from 8-4-7-2 that we got word from CasCade. He included the time signature of his location, so that should be fine. However, there is this problem with the Time difference. This is probably due to a distortion in the Spacetime continuum where we are located, because of the presence of the temporal anomaly. I can't say exactly why yet, but I will investigate this as soon as I'm back to the Eternaty. We gotta check this befor sending an away team or else they will end up somewhere else. I can just hope that we will be able to control the time jump and jump to the exact position where Cas is held prisoner.

But this is all to come, now I gotta focus on getting back the flyer.

End Log

Merlin|BuF

Magically Delicious
Nov 3, 2000
Edmonton Alberta CANADA!
Visit site
doc's log
stardate:July the 1st(what the f*ck am I talking about)

Admril Cascade sent another message through time again and the cap has got that android almost going but I still haven't got my laser gun maybe I should ask about that.... anyway
Beerbaron got some pokemon bone stuck in his arm yesterday when he exploded one of the ugly little things, after pulling it out I laser stiched it up and sent him on his way only to find that damn cat with another pokemon in his mouth. I was gonna just throw the cat out but then I saw that this pokemon was the one that they think is vortex (or at least I think it is) I hailed beerbaron but he still hasn't come to see me I locked the pokenmon in a cage I had laying around and went to dinner giving the cat a little due to the fact he finnaly did something useful.

doc out

Syri

Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
First Officer's Log, Stardate : 235375672.38^262/7472*36

Well, I now stand alone in the control room of the lambda flyer! I beat the m0tard at his own game! He tried to use all sorts of lame tricks, but i was too quick, and managed to pin him down, and then teleport him off the ship! We now have the lambda flyer back!
I'm returning to the Eternaty right now, and i've signalled the shuttle to do the same. Maybe now we'll be able to figure out how to get Admiral Cascade and DeeperShade back from the past.
I think we should try to send the lambda flyer back, as we could then take all the equipment we need for a return journey.

Supplemental : When I beamed the m0tard back to the planet, he was immediately spawn sniped! what a fewl!

Supplemental 2 : My pad's date function got b0rked again in the fight! I don't have any luck with log dates! I'm also gonna have to go to sickbay, I've got a nasty cut on my arm that needs looking at

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Science officer's log Stardare R4000128mb

Everyone seemed to be getting confused by this time travel thing so I decided to give one of my Temporal anomaly 101 lectures.
I explained that the perception of time in the two independent frames of reference is completeley unconnected, and of no relevance at all. Everything has already happened as far as we are concerned, the distress message could have been received the moment Cascade vanished, as up to that point we existed in a universe where the signal did not exist, but at the moment of his being transported we existed in a different universe where it did.
Things only appear to happen at different rates, we could have rescued him within seconds of his appearing there but obviously didn't as he has been stuck there for months. It could be years for him before we arrive. I would like to explain in detail the mathematical relationship.....
at this poing D-stroya picked up my copy of Quantum physics for dummies and clouted my pointy ears with it. As he's a bit worried about the duel he's about to fight I thought i'd better shut up.

The equipment i'm designing for the rescue mission is too big to be portable, we will need to install it on board the Lambda flyer when it is recovered and send the whole ship and crew back in time. It's not getting there that's the problem. It's getting back.

Supplemental
We've just heard that D-Stroya has won! He has the lambda flyer and we are on the way back to the Eternaty. I can start work installing the time travel equipment as soon as we get back

[Edited by Kilham on January 18th, 2001 at 07:06 PM]

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Captain's log Stardate 1144587.145

The away team made it back and fully suceeded on the mission we now have a x-loc disc and the Llamda flyer back. D-Stroya had a furious fight with m0tard who captured the Flyer! But he won and is now reovering in sickbay
Kilham is already installing and configuring the time travel equipment in the Flyer. Soon we can take of.
He also explained that Cascade is in a parallel universe totally independent from hours - at least that's what I think he said. As always I didnt understand a word.

I'm now fuguring out who will accompany me on the time travel. I think I will take Merlin as Doc (how obvious), Kilham has walking encyclopidia on time phenomenons, and RizMan as pilot and Engineer. This will leave D-Stroya in command of the ship. But maybe he want to come along too. Then we will set it to autopilot and hope that it is still there when we return

Supplemental
My battlebot is finally finished. It still has the combustion engine. As I didnt find a positronic brain, I build an old and primitive electronic brain. Maybe it will be enough for Vortex.
I heard that Merlin captured a ghost creature pokemon that may be Vortex and brought it to beerbaron. I will ask him if he found anything out about him.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Chief Engineer Lt.Commander RizMan's Log, stardate 456789.66

We are finally back from our away mission. D-Stroya managed to win over m0tard and get the lambda flyer back. That's good news, as I would have been sad if this baby would have been lost.
Also, Kilham explained the phenomenon why Cascade is trapped already for months in his time whereas for us he disappeared only few days ago.
Man, why didn't I think of it, that's the basic op physics. Fact is, that the Time isn't an absolute value, but it is relative. For example, when we are travelling at lightspeed (warp 1) for 99 years for a person living on Earth, we only travel during 11 years. It all depends on the point of view. It's what is known as the "Twin Paradoxon". One twin stays on earth, the other one travels for years at warp 1. When he comes back, he's still young, but he's brother/sister is much older.
Well, that's Einsteins theory that was made a few hundred years ago, but it is still at the basics of our physics, except of the fact that we actually can travel faster then light, which formerly was considered impossible due to the socalled Lorentz Factor, a formula which would turn invalid if we travelled at a speed greater then the lightspeed. Well, this is getting somehow far into Theroy of relativity, so I will stop here.
But what is for sure is that when Cas travelled back in time, our whole history changed, also if only unconsiderably. So, in our past, Cas send this rescue S.O.S. message and we receive it today, because he send it to our time-location. Now I hope that now, everything is more or less clear.
Anyway, I'm now working with Kilham on the installation of the Equipement onto the lambda flyer. We should be ready to go in about 2 hours from now. Hopefully, this is going to work as we will only have one chance. If we're gone, there's no way back. I hope the Temporal anomaly is stable on the other side of the tunnel. At least scanners show that this is true, but I already made bad experiences with false scanner results in the past.

End Log

Syri

Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
First Officer's Log, Stardate : 23^98446/375*X^9

I'm recovering from the injury sustained in the m0tard battle, but I don't think I will be able to make the time travel, my head is hurting too much from too many lectures on Temporal Physics!
Therefore, I'll stay here and fend off the Starship thieves

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Tactical officers log
Stardate: erm..

I've woken up in a strange place.. I can see Cascade working on somekinda transmission.. it appears that he has become my personal 'nurse'. I think it may be best if I pretend to be unconsious... these opportunities done come along everyday :D

Starlog: 235097

After fixing my little log-maker device thingamagig, I have quite a rather large update for all of us.

Note: pokemon bone when introduced to the human blood stream causes a chemcial reaction that gives you somewhat abnormal hearing and vision. For example, after getting the pokebone outta my arm thx to the doc :), I was spying a rather large cluster of pokemon through decks 5-11. This might prove useful...

Supplemental: /me notices the lack of women on board....

Suplemental II: I need 50lbs of titanium alloy for my next weapon, this might be hard to find...

Suplemental III: We need a bar of somekind....

Suplemental IV: The pokemon are growing stronger somehow, maybe building a resistance to our weapons.

Suplemental V: Good work by the cook, keep it up :)

WiLD2

W4NG
Starlog: 152354851.696

While the crew was away, I had time to take a break from all this food replicating and read up on the current events. It seems that there was a battle at the m0tard, and they aquired some sort of thingamagig. I can't seem to remember much in the past few days, I've forgotten stuff that people say I knew yesterday.

Supple Mental I: Beerbaron has discovered a new formula that includes introducing Pokemon bone fragments into the blood stream. It seems to give you enhanced senses.

Supple Mental II: With the discovery and amount of testing that Beerbaron has been doing, there is quite a large pile of pokemon bodies piling up in deck 16. I've decided to do something about it.

Supple Mental III: While the crew was away, I remembered how to make the perfect New York steak, just the way every crew member likes it. So far, I've only gotten praise, which is good enough for me.

Supple Mental IV: The supply of meat I am using to make the New York steaks are from the pile of dead pokemon on deck 16.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Captain's log Stardate 478551,45

Kilhalm and RizMan almost finished the upgrade of the Llamda flyer and we will start in about 1 hour!
Doctor Merlin will come with us. Beerbaron discovered that pokemon bones have a stimulating effect on one's strenght. I say we take a few of them on the mission.
D-Stroya will stay back an command the Eternaty during my absence. He'd better do a good job

As I don't know jack about the space-time-continuum I don't want to disturb them. So I paid another visit to the messhall where Wild2 served yummy steaks. Steaks to die for. Mad probs to the cook! I was a bit, let's say unconfortable, when he told me that it was pokemon steak. But it is so good and popular among the crew that I forgive him.
He told me that he found a pile of pokemon on deck 16, killed by beerbaron. That's weird as the ship only has 15 decks. Well...

Supplemental
My bot is ready, but still no sign of Vortex

Supplemental II
Beerbaron suggested that we should have a bar. Great idea! maybe Wild2 can build a bar in one of the unused cargobays on the lower decks. As we still don't have any women on the ship he could install some holographic emitters there

-out-
May our eternal quest for females continue...

Merlin|BuF

Magically Delicious
Nov 3, 2000
Edmonton Alberta CANADA!
Visit site
Doc's log
stardate: Whatever

well it seems when pokemon bone is introduced to the human blood stream it acts as a super inhancer but for a suprisingly long time. This is suprising because super inhancers usually only last for an hour tops, this last almost 12. I finnaly found my laser gun it was with my under wear :D and I leave in about an hour so I told wild2 to take care of d-stroya for awhile all he has to do is remember to give him his pills at lunch. BTW:Wild 2 is making excelent steaks with pokemon so far no adverse effects except for a few members of the ship have growing waistlines. I wonder what that primitive time we are to travel back to looks like how does it smell and how does it feel. It'll be strange to be away from this perfectly controled world we live in now I think I better take some anti-depresent in case i get depressed (duh).

Beerbaron still hasn't picked up thhe pokemon that I think is vortex but I hope he'll get around to it by the time I'm back ,I left a note on his door.

Syri

Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
First Officer's Log, Stardate : 351*8^pi

We had a rather annoying visit today, froma race known as the Scousers. They came up to the eternaty, saying that they were going to steal the ship. Luckilly, we were too strong for them, but the managed to pinch the wheels off the landing gear, and replaced them with bricks.
They also broke into the Captain's quarters, and pinched his radio, so he's going to be pretty annoyed...

WiLD2

W4NG
Starlog: 152354852.696

The captain has given me permission to build a bar, in one of the unused cargo bays. I've already begun construction. As for the holographic emmiters, I need something called quartz crystal. We don't have any of that in our time, but maybe I could leave a note with Doc Merlin to pick some up while he is back in time.

Supplemental I: I've begun to replicate potatoes to go with the steak. It turns out, that these two food items go perfectly well together.

Supplemental II: The Doctor told me to take care of D-Stroya, and give him his pills, but he hasn't told me where they are. Possibly, he left me a note somewhere.

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
Science officer's log Stardare 486sx20

We have returned to orbit m0tard VI to search for the temporal anomaly. The lambda flyer has been modified for dimensional translocation, and as soon as the anomaly can be tracked reliably we will be ready to go.
I notice that the ships crew does not include a cleaner, which explains why the walls of the flyer are still covered in traces of green goo.
I have not yet had time to study the strange effects of pokemon bone but if it was not illogical, i would say i've got a bad feeling about it.
We received a message from D-stroya, the Eternaty has been attacked by a race of scavengers trying to steal bits, but he's doing a good job looking after it. Strange I forgot to ask what the bricks are resting on....
I sent a reply to say if they attack again, use a radio jamming device to deactivate their mobile 'phones' without which they'll be helpless.

Status
Not open for further replies.