Wierd ping problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jes

§os ßoleta! :)
Jul 26, 2000
Visit site
Hello all, I have a wierd problem while playin Unreal, If i play in full screen mode, My ping goes up till 12000 and then i lag out, but i play in window mode my ping stays stable at 300, My specs are
p3 800, 128 Ram, Voodoo 5, I have 56k connection. I used to have Voodoo 3 and i didnt have that problem ,can anyone help me pelase? Thanks
btw Its unreal not Unreal Tournament

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
I think that in windowed mode Windows still controls your network settings, but in full screen it is controlled by your game settings. Check your net settings in unreal and check out PU's unreal tweaks page.

Also make sure you have the latest patches from the PU files page.

Jes

Jul 26, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I tried the Tweaks and nothing, I still have the same problem. I am currently using 225 version of Unreal, I thought that might be the problem, but no. I recently installed 226 and I still have that same problem. The wierd thing, is that this didnt happen a week ago... Could it be my isp?

synergy

{ThC}XiKo
Dec 2, 2000
If you run it in fullscreen and it still pings out, open the console[hit the tilde(~) and type in Netspeed 1000...i did that on my DSL and it worked fine.

Jes

Jul 26, 2000
Visit site
I asked him and he told me that he changed my setting for my isp to enable compression hardware. Thats all. I hope it works for those who are having the same problem as i was. :)