The right thing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Someone's bound to be upset by that, almost guaranteed. :p

That's what I hate most about Religion, where people take things too seriously. When people go into super defensive victim mode immediately when their faith is questioned (theist and atheist alike), both in jest and not. That makes me less likely to take your argument into account.

In college, I had a set of friends with a diverse set of religious beliefs, be it Christian in both Catholic and Protestant flavors (although no Eastern Orthodox or 'other'), Jew, atheist (which included me), none, you name it. We always had civil discussions when we were in serious mode, and we joked with each other a bit about each belief system, such as stereotypical Jew jokes, but we knew we were just jesting, and not being serious or antisemitic or whatever for the other religions. Even folks of the same religion made fun of themselves. And the result? We were more likely to accept each others' beliefs and have a more open mind about them.

In other words, lighten up! Your God or lack thereof wants you to have fun sometimes and not have your blood boil.

Don't mind me, I'm now watching South Park's S07E12.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Religion: how to exteriorize our kind and evil sides into imaginary entities.

Luke 17:20-21 “Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[GU]elmur_fud;2569622 said:
Any good managerial type entity makes rules or laws that they themselves are willing to abide by so as to uphold their own system... I believe that is were brizz was going with that anyway.
Well, yeah, exactly... lol.