philosophical question....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trebux

Apr 30, 2000
Visit site
If a llama cheated on a game and nobody saw it, did the llama really cheat? or didn't it?

------------------
I want to see YOU snipe a moving target with a 56K connection!

Consider yourself Un-Godlike if you can do it.

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Doesn't matter. All llamas are tools of Satan, and must be hanged by the neck until they are dead, dead, dead.

bullet2.gif

Dead chicks suck in bed.

p.s. un-Fück BellAtlantic

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
The Llama would be making a fool of themselves because whats the point in cheating if nobody is around to verify the action.

Therefore, they ARE llama material :)

bullet2.gif

"Have I shown you lately what my clan can do?
Cos I own you arse now by rights, We got family!" One Big Family - Embrace

Dark_Outlaw lPuFl

May 16, 2000
Raleigh, NC
nothing like having a llama who is spawn camping and crapola like that...you still win the match, and then IT gets pissed and starts accusing YOU of cheating...

almost as satisfying as a snickers...

trinity

Noli me tangere
Jan 3, 2000
Southern California
heck if were talking philosophy maybe the question should be, if there was a llama on a server and noone saw him being a llama, does that make him any less lame?

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
This is more a physical than a philosophical question! It is close to Schroedinger's Cat and the quantum theory:
Schroedinger imagined this:
A cat is in box with poison. The poison is activated when a radioactive atome splits. Because it is not sure, there's only a probability, that the atome splits a person outside the box can't know if the cat lives.
The cat is dead and alive at the same time!

Refering to the llama, it means the llama is cheating and not cheating at the same time...
Does that answer it?

Sorry for the fish thing Sam. I changed it!

[This message has been edited by 8-4-7-2 (edited 06-08-2000).]

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
It's poison: a poisson is a fish :).

I completely disagree with Trebux about what should be done with llamas. The should be hung, and given a Regen rune so they never die :).

bullet2.gif

If anyone discovers what the Universe is for, and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Isn't Shroedinger's Cat supposed to explain how you can get one atom in two places at the same time (or something).

This thread is like the "tree falling in the forest" scenario.

bullet2.gif

"Have I shown you lately what my clan can do?
Cos I own you arse now by rights, We got family!" One Big Family - Embrace

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
hmm...how about this one:

if a person posted a thread on this forum but nobody replied to it, did he really post the thread? :)

bullet2.gif

gramps|PuF

"I don't pay attention to politics."
"You should. It's bareley less important than your own heart beat."
"I don't pay attention to that either."

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Well gramps, that one is easy.I have not to be a chief philosopher to answer it.

If someone has posted a thread and nobody replied, he has posted it but got no replies.

I hate when this happens! So please reply!