Maybe I'm just old fashioned

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
just to anwer the OT stuff:

Well, thx MadWoffen, things are normal again.

And mein liebe Snakeye - eheh - I´m just in the 1st basis on German. Goethe Institut, Stuffen 2. Cya.

Xenomorph

Death Incarnate
Jan 11, 2000
LV-426, "Archeron"
www.d3fx.com
Snakeye> You should read accounds and documentaries of WWII concentration camps. Hell, the Nazis (I believe I am right to call them such in this situation) even documented it themselves. It was more "efficiant" to kill two or three people with one shot. There is even video footage of them doing it. Albight it wasn't from pistols. Many history programs (some have been on PBS) have given accounts of it, and the use was quite widespread.
BTW, when you starve, and I mean actually starve, your body starts to feed on itself. Disolving organs and bones for energy. This in turn weakens the whole body, making it frail. Easy to shoot through a couple of the that way.
And If I am becoming offensive, I don't mean to. I am just stating what has happened. We must remember the past, lest we repeat it. (Sadly, it already has. Many times)

Pretorious

IH8GOP
Jan 2, 2001
.45 all the way, thats it, thats all I have to say. :D Well maybe not, the .45 is an awesome round! When it penetrates flesh its slow enough to move inside the person. Good example of this would be in the movie Terminator 2. When he shot the security guard in the hip and the bullet ended up in his knees. You notice this becuase the guard goes down holding his knees. Thats how a .45 works and even on body armor it can do some damage due to the sheer size and weight of the bullet.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Pretorious: Actually .45 bounces off level 2 like a tic tac from a grannie's mouth.

Fact: 124 grain 9mm FMJ and 230 grain .45 FMJ have roughly the same muzzle energy out of the same barrel length.

Fact: No matter WHAT round you use, shot placement comes first. Anyone who contests this no matter what grandfather's story you heard this is full of dick.

Fact: 9mm is a superb round, expecially from a submachinegun. It has moderate stopping power, but extremely good lethality and superb penetration.

For my analogy and personal experiance, once I was out with friends shooting steel poppers in IDPA style practice. When came my turn, I fired off 2 rounds at the man sized popper using a 9mm SIG P220. Both rounds hit the target with that audible 'plink' but it didn't fall.

Almost immediately the .45 posse started with their parabellum jokes.

When we walked downrange(25m) to the target, we found both rounds had landed within an inch of each other in the center mass 'power factor' area and had completely perforated the popper.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
About the .22 to the forehead thing: I was reading the "How it feels..." section of Bizarre magazine and one of them was "How it feels to get shot". The guy that wrote the article got shot five times in the back of the head with a .22 pistol. His friend and him had a fight and that was how the friend retaliated. None of the rounds penetrated his skull. They just got lodged in his skull. It was a pretty cool article since he described it in detail. try to find that issue and read it. I'll try to find the monthe and year for you guys.